Posted Feb 04 (1 year ago)
Sr. Front-End Engineer (Angular)
at Bold Penguin
FULL_TIME 📍 United States
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional product team to help build & launch products that drastically improve the commercial insurance industry. Your knowledge on the front-end using Angular 7 is what we will be seeking the most use of, along with collaboration in other technical areas with your teammates (backend, deployment, etc.). Your users will be commercial insurance agents and insurance carriers who will benefit from your engineering expertise everyday to efficiently provide commercial insurance for small business owners. In other words, you’ll be seen as a pretty big deal here.
What You’ll Do
- Build amazingly powerful and intuitive user experiences for commercial insurance agents and small business owners
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, retrospective, and daily standups
- Proactively research possible issues affecting the availability of our platform
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, backend engineers, and customers to build impactful features
- Build internal component libraries that will be used across products to ensure an uncommonly great user experience
Skills & Qualifications
- 0 to 50 years of professional experience building responsive, single-page web applications
- Professional experience with Angular 4+ and TypeScript. We currently use Angular v7
- Expertise in front-end automated testing concepts and frameworks such as Jasmine, Karma, Nightwatch, etc.
- Deep working knowledge of continuous integration, continuous testing, and continuous deployment
- Familiarity with SCSS, Angular CLI, webpack
- Understanding of how to build modular, reusable components across multiple projects
- Being a passionate, delivery-focused member of the team
- Bonus points for experience with Angular 7, TypeScript, Material Design, WebSockets, Google Analytics and/or Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of commercial insurance concepts such as carriers, brokers, agents, etc. very desirable.
For a healthy colony.
- Our plan covers 50% of your Medical Premiums – Health - HRA, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as Short & Long Term Disability - Beginning Day 1! (Trust us, the benefits are great!)
Penguins plan for the future.
- 401k Match program, up to 4%!
- 12 weeks of maternity leave and 4 weeks of paternity leave (your kids need you there!)
Need a vacation?
- Unlimited PTO - Please take a vacation - you need it and we applaud it!
- We offer free snacks and drinks, as well as catered lunch every Monday (even to our remote employees...nomb nomb nomb)
Penguins need to learn!
- We support your professional growth. Certifications, training, memberships, and conferences are actively encouraged—and often covered.
Penguins are social creatures and love to play!
- We have frequent happy hours, company events, and outings. What kind of company would we be if we didn't have some fun!?!?
Penguins give back.
- We offer volunteer opportunities every month! There is no better feeling than giving back =)
Don’t want to move to Columbus?
- We offer up to 100% remote engineers! However, you must be OK visiting the office for a day or two every quarter - we are all about that camaraderie!
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers