Posted Feb 01 (1 year ago)
Technology Engineer Sr, ( Linux / Oracle )
at PNC Financial Services Group
FULL_TIME 📍 Worldwide
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Technology Engineer Sr. within PNC's Security organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH. Remote work will be considered for a well-qualified candidate.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
•In-depth Linux based platform knowledge for deployment, integration, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of application infrastructure for Identity/Access Management & Insider Threat technologies within the cyber security space.
•Support production systems, as required, through performance optimization, problem resolution, vulnerability and platform compliance, and timely issue communications.
•Communicates plans, status, and issues to higher management levels; participate in presentations to senior leadership.
•Ability to take on-call rotations for after hours, tier 2 support, for COTS based security applications for high priority incidents.
•Maintain, utilize, and modify applications’ operational runbooks and perform semi-annual business continuity failover activities for critical applications within the cyber organization.
•Working background in several or all of the following skills:
Oracle data partitioning
Oracle bash scripting
Monitoring of Linux OS and Processes
Reporting and query tuning within SQL
Weblogic based web server configuration and management
- Leads in the development of the most complex new and emerging technologies and selects appropriate platforms, integrates and configures solutions. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions.
- Develops software components and hardware for new and emerging technology projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- Consults junior staff regarding complex issues and best practices.
- Provides a systematic analysis on the most complex client requirements within the traceability framework and resolves any functional problems encountered.
- Oversees the quality of complex project deliverables while ensuring that they are in compliance with relevant standards and processes.
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers