Brand Design Director
Brand Design Director
at States Title (View all jobs)
New York, NY or Remote
Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is now seeking a Brand Design Director to be responsible for planning and executing initiatives to support market awareness of the States Title solution. You will be responsible for driving growth and adoption efforts as the solutions footprint capabilities increase.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies – NATC & NATIC – is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About The Role
States Title is now seeking an experienced Brand Design Director to help us frame States Title’s story and how we visually communicate it to the world. This role reports to the VP Marketing.
As the keeper of the brand. Leading the design and development of marketing collateral, photoshoots, social media assets and special projects. In partnership with the marketing team, you will oversee States Title’s creative voice and strategy, bringing to the table a clear direction and vision for campaigns, a highly collaborative, agile working style and the ability to exercise a high degree of craft as you guide our brands look and feel to be fresh, yet consistent across all creative platforms.
This exciting role requires a dynamic and experienced brand leader who has a strong marketing, analytical and new product/innovation background and can balance thinking strategically with the key execution priorities on the business.
- Leading strategic and tactical brand guidelines development and implementation for the States Title brand across all properties. Ensuring States Title is set up for long term growth by analyzing category opportunities, identifying key customer targets, innovation opportunities, and activation strategies.
- Develop and present compelling narratives based on quantitative and qualitative analytics and customer needs and values, and work to drive implementation of resulting action plans.
- Embed best practices, principles, and frameworks that empower designers to work effectively and independently.
- Leading a team of 2FTE designers and applicable vendor or consulting partners. They must have the ability to develop and coach and develop a team and infuse them with strong creative ideas and execution.
- Work directly with the marketing and business operations teams to ensure proper designs systems and infrastructure are built for the team to grow rapidly and provide seamless support as States Title grows
- Create, maintain, and make accessible design templates and collateral to the company via a Digital Asset Manager. Providing a clear, up-to-date and well-designed library of sales and marketing assets.
- Work with the Product Marketing and Demand Generation Teams to create design templates and collateral for States Title’s social media accounts, blog, and Creator website
- Manage design budget, results reporting and creative calendar for all creative requests, design, and production.
- Be responsible for reviewing all digital and print designed artifacts that will be used to assist in marketing and sales efforts such as, t-shirts, stickers, mugs, brochures, business cards, and decks/presentations. By using brand/legal/creative/quality assurance guidelines in order to enhance the brand image, protect CPK and comply with contractual obligations to third parties (e.g., licensors, rights-holders).
- Partner with Product Marketing, Demand Generation & Marketing Communications teams to brainstorm visual ways to bring ideas to life.
- Manage a design process consistently informed by insights and acquisition goals.
Outcomes of success
You will be measured by your ability to:
- Unify the family of States Title family of brands through a shared brand language.
- Grow brand recognition though customer awareness metrics and footprint expansion.
- Successful delivery of on time and on budget projects/tasks pertaining to sales and marketing assets.
Skills & Experience
- Accredited degree in graphic design a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of brand management experience preferably with SaaS or technology companies, working on culturally iconic brands.
- At least 2 years of experience leading a design team or function.
- Brand Marketing Strategy: Knowledge of information used to define brand strategic corridors and develop appropriate business solutions for local market activation.
- P&L management skills
- Strong analysis, strategic thinking, creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, problem-solving skills, and a passion for using data, insights and trends to understand customer behavior.
- Marketing Innovation: Ability to identify and develop innovative ideas in order to create a proprietary advantage.
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC tools, with Indesign, Illustrator.
- Experience working with a DAM and project management tools.
- Expert understanding of UX/UI theory and execution to build and develop digital assets across web, social and mobile
- An online portfolio of work that clearly articulates strong sensibilities in typography, graphic design, and content design taste, as well as the thought process, not just final design work.
- Ability to be objective about your work and knowing that sometimes (most times) just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it is good. You’ll also need to be comfortable opening yourself up to feedback from your colleagues.
- Ability to value collaboration with – and inclusion of – a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Comfortable working with a remote team.
- Knowledge of real estate and/or financial industries a plus.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make – and the greatest boost we can give to your career – is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.