Posted Jan 31 (1 year ago)
Linux Systems Engineer
at Perforce Software
FULL_TIME 📍 United States
Role: Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Mason, OH; Louisville, CO; Minneapolis,MN; Will also consider Remote applicants
Perforce develops DevOps tools that improve software quality and security as well as team productivity for several of the worlds leading companies, such as PIXAR, CD Projekt Red, NASA, Verizon, Honda, NVIDIA, and Johns Hopkins.
Do you enjoy providing support of the day-to-day operations of public, private, and hybrid cloud services across a multi-site & virtual data centers? The Systems Engineer will work within a team that provides public and private infrastructure to the Perforce global organization. In partnership with development teams, and business stakeholders, the Systems Engineer will understand stakeholder needs and execute infrastructure enhancements, cost management, standardization, lead troubleshooting efforts including coordinating disparate vendors/providers, monitor the health of infrastructure, and ensure the capacity demands are met in the most reliable and cost-effective fashion possible.
- Creates and manages infrastructure components and solutions that are re-usable and flexible across compute and storage of private and public infrastructure
- Implements a cost-effective operation of an on-premise/public/hybrid cloud IaaS, monitoring and configuration tools
- Participates in the continuous development, monitoring, and troubleshooting highly configurable and continuously deployable environments in public and private infrastructure
- Implements operational and security policies and procedures throughout service delivery lifecycle
- Administers and updates storage, data backup, system redundancies and disaster recovery systems
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, builds, modifies, and supports operating system templates/containers and application stacks
- Understands interrelationship of infrastructure components and applications
- Automates tasks for speed and consistency. Works with and extends configuration management tools
- Makes decisions on resolutions in critical down time situations when escalation is impractical
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years in IT operations
- Minimum 3 years of multi-site enterprise experience, including 24x7 operations and continuous availability
- Minimum 3 years Operational experience with the three of the following technologies: Systems Administration (Linux), Cloud IaaS (AWS/Azure), Software Development/Programming, Infrastructure Automation Tools (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible), Networking (Routing, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing)
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Must be comfortable dealing with stakeholders in crisis situations
- Understanding of common Agile project management concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software development process and continuous integration concepts, infrastructure automation tools, public and private cloud infrastructure technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation
If you are passionate about the technology that impacts our day-to-day lives and want to work with people as talented and dedicated as yourself, apply today!
Perforce is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and celebrate its strengths.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers