Back End Drupal Developer
Title: Back End Drupal Developer (Remote)
Location: DMV Area Preferred 20002 United States
CivicActions is a dedicated, fun-loving team, looking for some talented folks to help us bring revolutionary digital services to government agencies and the people they serve.
For this role, you will be developing, improving, configuring and bug fixing contributed and custom modules in the context of specific site needs, aiming for maintainability, simplicity, and reusability. You’ll do this alongside an amazing team and dedicated clients.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Your good sense of humor, collaborative nature, and high-quality communication style will be a great addition to our talented team. Your presence and work will support our mission to work alongside our government agency clients as partners in open and agile transformation.
You should be comfortable in a consulting or professional services environment, in addition to working with cross-functional agile teams. We also like to see a track record of contributions to open community projects.
Sound good so far? Great, keep reading!
Desired Skill Sets
We are hiring for several positions requiring experience and knowledge we need to augment our teams. We strongly value team members with a broad base of experience who are comfortable performing a variety of roles. Do you have a combination of the following skills?
- Experience participating in the development of information technology projects
- Experience developing and deploying backend web applications in an Agile environment
- In-depth knowledge of developing backend web applications that integrate with relational and non-relational database systems
- Comfort with web API design and use
- Familiarity with OOP or Symfony, including common design patterns
- Skilled at building SQL queries and comfortable building regex algorithms
- Comfortable with Content/Data Migration into and out of Drupal
- Comfortable with peer programming and code review
- Experience with performance optimization
- Able to architect and write secure, performant, well-documented code that adheres to coding standards
- Familiarity with most common contributed modules
- Ability to navigate on the command line and use a version control system
- Comfortable with multiple fork and branching workflows in Git.
- Able to use Drush and PHP debugging tools to speed your work and enhance your code quality
- Able to develop unit and/or behavioral tests using automated testing tools (e.g. Behat) to validate your features
- Familiarity with code-based configuration deployment (e.g. Features, configuration management)
- Comfortable integrating and configuring search engines (e.g. Solr, Drupal search) with Drupal Views
- Working with a containerized LAMP stack for PHP/MySQL development; comfort with command line and version control skills and workflows
- We are looking to hire for a project that requires 7+ Years of engineering experience, in addition to a Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering degree or Equivalent
- We are a fully distributed remote team within the U.S. You can work from home or find a great co-working space. You just need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection and a structured schedule because we are a truly collaborative team.
- $80,000 – $115,000. Salary is based on number of years of experience.
We excel in our benefits offering and believe that people who are well taken care of can be more balanced, healthy and happy. We offer 100% company-paid medical insurance, disability insurance, and life insurance. We have a generous 401(k) program. We have an open vacation policy — employees are encouraged to take time off as needed to feel balanced, productive and healthy. We have paid maternity and paternity leave. We have an annual all-hands retreat to connect with each other in person. We also emphasize professional development and offer an annual stipend.
Community participation is important to us and we ask that you spend 5% of your working time giving back to a community that you care about. We attempt to keep our work products ‘open by default’. This means that it is our intention that your work contributions during your time at CivicActions will be published under public license, enabling you to bring your passion fully into your activities without the fear that your expressions will be locked away or prevented from having a positive impact in the world.
We find strength and inspiration in the things that make each of us unique. In striving for a more diverse team, we strongly encourage women, people of color, and physically-challenged people to apply.