Posted Jul 08 (2 years ago)
Full-Time 📍 Worldwide
Howdy ? We’re the folks at SkyVerge, where we build products (like Jilt and WooCommerce Memberships) that help over 100k+ eCommerce brands grow and manage their businesses. Our team is 100% remote, with 34 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to join our growing engineering team and build fast, secure, and maintainable code in PHP.
You should be...
- Able to translate technical descriptions into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, able to work in a remote environment without constant supervision
- Committed to constant improvement, learning, sharing your knowledge, and building meaningful relationships as a member of a highly efficient, fast paced team
- Excited to work in a team oriented environment with an emphasis on growing and helping one another
Bonus points if you also have…
- WooCommerce experience
- Experience with payment gateways, especially integrating with their APIs
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React
- Experience working in an Agile development team
You’ll be responsible for…
- Building features and fixes based on well defined specifications for multiple products
- Investigating and fixing bugs reported by users or support team members
- Performing user testing on your own code and providing code reviews to team members
- Participate in the full development lifecycle from research and planning of engineering implementations to QA and deployment
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our support team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Contributing to our own open-source code (like our plugin framework) and the wider community, like WooCommerce and WordPress
Why you’ll love working with us…
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- A team oriented approach focused on helping everyone grow
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Scotland!)
- Fantastic benefits: 28 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
Curious to hear more? Learn more about the position and apply here. Applications accepted through March 6th. We can’t wait to meet you!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers