Posted Sep 17 (2 months ago)
Director of Customer Success
at Upright Labs
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
Upright Labs, the leader in multi-channel inventory management for second-hand retail is hiring a Director of Customer Success to support and delight customers. We make it really easy for second-hand retailers to manage inventory and sell online, everywhere. Our software, Upright Lister, processes thousands of items each month and has helped retailers sell millions in inventory.
In this role, you will be managing the Customer Success team and leading initiatives designed to improve the customer experience with Upright Labs. The customer success team manages customer onboarding, our help center, email and live chat support (9am-6pm ET on weekdays), and serves as internal experts on our software.
If you enjoy working at startups, wearing lots of hats, and delighting customers, you’ll fit in perfectly.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of support specialists and ensure they are supported and equipped to do their jobs effectively
- Create and iterate on policies and best practices specific to the customer success team
- Continue improving the customer onboarding experience with an eye for scalability in the future
- Create learning and development resources that can be utilized to improve customer knowledge and retention
- Develop and expand upon KPI tracking and reporting for the CS team on live chat, email support, and any other areas where it would benefit the team
- Identify patterns and themes in customer feedback and relay to the product and development team
- Join customer meetings and cover chat support, when needed
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience as a people manager of full-time employees
- 3+ years working in a customer facing role (hospitality, support, sales, project management etc.), ideally at a SaaS company
- Healthy customer obsession and focus on delivering an exceptional client experience
- You're an expert at giving and receiving feedback. You give balanced, actionable, specific feedback freely and seek out feedback from the team
- You're a strong multi-tasker. You can send off a quick email while you wait for a response on a slack thread then jump back into reviewing a help article or resource from your team when there are lulls in communication
- You're detail oriented. You check things twice, stay organized, and follow up with everyone you’ve promised to follow up with
- Ability to learn the ins and outs of a new software platforms quickly and thoroughly
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You can translate technical ideas for non-technical audiences
- Must be based in North/South/Central America between PST and EST time zones
- Experience in e-commerce, start-ups, or SaaS companies
What you'll get
- Work from your home or wherever you do your work best
- The opportunity to work with a high caliber team at a growing start-up
- Health insurance, 401k match
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Office equipment stipend to get your home office set up the way you like it
- Continuing education budget so you can keep learning outside of your day to day job
- Monthly donation matching to 501.3.c organizations so you can do more good in the world
- Annual profit sharing
How to apply
To apply please submit your application via this form. Please note, candidates who do not submit the application form will not be considered. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. We are committed to following up with all candidates and appreciate your interest!
Upright Labs is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.
Salary range: $90-120K depending on experience
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers