Posted Mar 22 (4 months ago)
Software Engineer - Remote (EU)
at Form Publisher
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
We are a small, growing and profitable software company that is building the future of spreadsheet-driven business applications. Some of our products include YAMM, Awesome Table and Form Publisher. They are used by millions of people around the world.
Our team is global (we have people based in France, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia, US, Philippines, UK, Ireland, Nigeria), highly motivated and competent. We are a remote first company: anyone can work fully remotely. We also have offices in Paris and Milan if that’s more your thing.
We’re a transparent organisation. Important metrics and numbers are communicated to all team members. Decisions are discussed collaboratively, not behind closed doors. If you value being part of the discussions on how to shape the future of the product, by giving your input, weighing in and being heard, then you might just be happy to work with us.
Here are some examples of what was done on Form Publisher in the last few months:
- Refactored the entire UI from static HTML and vanilla JS to React, opening up the stage for hot reloading and external components
- Moved the build and deployment to a CI/CD server, automating it
- Started adding Unit/Functional tests and incorporated them to the build process
- Automated the build and deployment process
- Added code styling tools
- Added different environments and steps for the development and testing processes
- Increased release frequency
- Created and deployed several features
- Implementing substantial features, fixing bugs
- Writing technical specifications
- Proactively proposing code and performance improvements
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one
- You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed and responsiveness is a core feature
- Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
- Deep expertise with at least one programming environment
- Generally full-stack, with definite front-end experience
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 5+ years as a professional developer on SaaS products
- Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with git and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking, CI/CD and profiling tools
- Collaboration tools: comfortable with Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slack
- Language: fluent in English
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you write and think. To that end, please write an email that covers at least the following:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building Form Publisher
- Tell us about a problem you've solved recently
- Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- Include a link to something you're proud of having written online (or copy/paste if not public - we won't share)
Working with us requires a lot of writing/communicating, so please use your application to show off those skills.
Send to the email address indicated on WWR.
- We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing.
- If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test.
- You’ll then move on to an interview with a Lead Engineer
- Finally, an interview with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers