Posted Apr 06 (3 months ago)
Fullstack Software Engineer
Full-time 📍 Europe Only
Your talent and creative mind are needed at Urbantz !
Join our team as a Software Engineer (Intermediate – Senior level).
Where? Remote from anywhere in Europe OR at our Brussels office
We’re offering not just a company, but a culture:
- Urbantz operates on one of the most growing markets, offering a SaaS solution for retail, logistics, and e-commerce - businesses that tremendously accelerated in 2020.
- We have been growing fast for the last 5 years - recently Deloitte has listed us among the top 3 fastest growing start-ups in Belgium.
- We’re a team of diverse people who make things happen.
- Our culture is built on experimentation, constant development, flexibility, and encouragement of initiatives in an international, English speaking work environment.
- Our mission is to make last-mile logistics more sustainable for retailers and transport operators by improving their operational efficiency. We bring value to the retail and logistics sector by providing a better client service and help them save on deliveries.
About the Team
“Think, try, fail, collaborate and grow a better developer.”
- As a company, we believe that, sometimes, failing is the best way to learn and get better at what you do.
- We believe in the richness of collaboration and of diversity, for everyone to make an impact and work together toward a common goal.
- We offer a flexible and fun working environment with lots of autonomy and possibility to grow as a professional and as a person. You will find an engaged team, where people share their joy for technology, ready to coach you as well as learning from you.
- For us, the culture fit is important as we want to invest in our people for the long term.
Collaboration, Ownership, Innovation, Excellence & Sustainability are our core values-
Team size: 15+
About the position
- You will help build a modern, highly complex, multi-service application that leads to the delivery of millions of packages per year to clients like you.
- As a software engineer, you will work closely with our product manager to define the how to the why and what of our product.
- Our main technologies: We use AngularJS on the front-end, and NodeJS for the backend. Our unit-tests use Jest, and our end-to-end tests use Protractor. We store data using MongoDB. Our code is stored in GitLab, and we make use of its CI/CD capabilities to deploy easily to AWS and Azure. Our containerization & orchestration uses Docker + Kubernetes.
- We work with short agile development cycles, with an alternance of 3 weeks on specific tasks and 1 week of cool down period to prepare for the next cycle.
You are positive minded and like to find ways to constantly improve in what you do.
- You can get things done and communicate well while doing it;
- You are fluent in English;
- You have at least one relevant experience;
- You stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies we use.
- You already have affinity with logistic sector or interested to learn about it.
What’s in it for you?
- A fast growing company with lots of great challenges.
- A permanent contract with a great extra-legal package in Belgium, or a nice freelance long term collaboration anywhere in Europe.
- Flexible company, nice colleagues to work with, fun company activities (even for our remote people!),...
- If you desire to work to have an impact and bring a change: don’t hesitate and apply now!
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers