Posted Apr 16 (6 months ago)
Senior Application Engineer (PHP)
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
About the Role
We're seeking a Senior Application Engineer to join a highly-skilled engineering team to maintain and scale a fast-growing SaaS product. The candidate will be an accomplished PHP programmer also experienced with development of at least one other application language in production (node.js preferred).
You will help us develop new features and maintain our codebase while supporting a wide variety of technologies. You should be familiar with modern microservice development and its associated benefits (and challenges) in creating stable, performant, rapidly deployable services.
You'll be working with our talented engineering team to build great features, scale, and maintain our codebase. Here's an example of what that might look like:
- Develop and test our next-generation applications
- Architect and extend our microservice suite for enhanced scalability and performance
- Optimize data structures, queries, and caching strategies
- Add new features to meet the needs of our customers
- Deliver performance enhancements
- Reviewing the engineering team's technical proposals and code
- Helping our support team triage technical and application-related issues
- Contribute to internal tools to help our engineers, sales and customer support teams work more efficiently
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about data and developing applications that communicate through elegantly designed, well-defined systems that meet specific goals. You’re a great communicator, naturally curious and comfortable diving in and helping out without ego. You have strong experience in a collaborative environment working with web applications, preferably B2B SaaS apps. You consider yourself highly proficient in:
- PHP in a production environment (native PHP as well as experience with one or more frameworks such as Yii 2, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Symfony)
- MySQL relational database including optimizing SQL queries for web applications
- Developing REST APIs
- Microservice-based architecture in production
- Software containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and serverless computing
- Cloud computing vendors: GCP (preferred), AWS, Azure.
You can also bring the following experience to the team.
- Expertise with node.js (or other programing languages) in a production environment
- Experience with message-queueing software and/or pub/sub-applications
- Developing integrations with third-party APIs
- Experience with CircleCI, Jenkins and/or similar CI/CD applications
- Experience with testing, monitoring, and other SRE methodologies
- Experience with security compliance standards
- PHP 7: native and MVC framework, e.g., Yii/Yii2 (5+ years)
- REST API management, tools and documentation
- NoSql database development, e.g., MongoDB
- Source control workflow: Git, GitHub, GitFlow
- Microservices architecture and deployment
The salary range for this role is US $115-$140K.
We have a range of expanding and improving benefits and perks including
- Home office expense budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
- Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you'd like to work out of home.
- Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year, the last two were in Athens and Lisbon. We will continue this tradition when the time is right.
- Care for your community. Two days a year for you to support with your time, or donate with your wage, for a local charity of your choosing.
- Team liquidity pool: Rewarding our team if there's ever an exit
If you’re in the US, we pay 50% of your medical, dental & vision coverage, including partners and children.
We encourage people of different locations, backgrounds and perspectives. We are a US-based company, if you are outside the US, you’ll be hired as a contractor.
About the Process
Post will be open until April 2, 2021. We will be in touch with eligible candidates starting Tuesday, 23rd of March with a view to secure a start-date to kick off in late April 2021.
For more information on our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team, visit our Float careers page.
For the best advice on submitting a successful application, check out our CEO’s post on top tips for applying for a role at Float.
We appreciate the time and energy that goes into crafting a job application, unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback during the application stage due to the volume of applications we receive.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers