Posted Mar 18 (4 months ago)
Client Success Advocate (contract to hire)
at Code for America
Full-time 📍 USA Only
Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the 21st century. We build open source technology and organize a network of people dedicated to making government services simple, effective, and easy to use. Our employees build and transform government services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, non-profit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for both the government and the people the government serves, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America you will contribute to meaningful work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Come help us drive real generational change that lasts.
Code for America is looking for a talented Client Success Advocate who will support day-to-day applications for benefits and collaborate closely to ensure that clients receive equitable and accessible services.
This position is part of a cross-functional team and part of the role requires giving feedback to the team and advocating for our applicants as the representative of client success.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a client success professional to support California residents day to day as they apply and enroll in food assistance. As the primary point of contact for our clients, you will provide immediate and direct assistance to unblock barriers and help each applicant succeed.
This position reports to the Client Success Director. This role’s contract will be evaluated for conversion to FTE after 6 months, and we are expecting a start date in late May 2021.
In this position you will:
- Provide support to Chinese (Cantonese) and English-speaking GetCalFresh.org clients to help them complete their applications via e-mail, SMS and live chat.
- Provide people who aren’t eligible with referrals to other food distribution programs or related public benefits.
- Own problem through to resolution for GetCalFresh.org clients including communication with county partners around a client’s case.
- Identify questions or problems GetCalFresh.org clients have most frequently and which are most important, reporting them back to the product manager.
- Track outreach activities, pre-screens, applications submitted, outcomes and other data for outreach and support partners.
- Add and maintain information to our client support systems
Provide Chinese (Cantonese) Translation:
The team has an existing third-party Chinese (Cantonese) translation service for the product but there are some additional and occasional responsibilities to oversee this work:
- Serve as the primary Chinese (Cantonese) language expert on the team
- Review translations from third-party translation services
- Regular on the spot translations for team needs
- Write copy occasionally for marketing or campaign requirements
- Occasional Chinese (Cantonese) language user research may be required
- 2 years of experience working directly with clients in a customer support role or equivalent
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese)
It’s a bonus point if you have:
- Experience using Intercom or similar client messaging software
- Familiarity with Social Safety Net programs, such as SNAP
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits package with medical, dental and vision plans
- A collaborative, hardworking and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes bi annual 360 review process
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We extend this to our hiring process. This role at this level is ranged from $70,000 - $90,000 in yearly salary. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we target the median for all new hires. The median for this role is $80,000. These ranges and the target are for the San Francisco/ Bay Area market and subject to adjustment for cost of living differentials.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers