Posted Feb 24 (5 months ago)
Full-time 📍 USA Only
An SE is capable of creating well-defined tasks based on project architectures and completing them with a high degree of quality, while balancing pragmatism and productivity. Progressing through being an SE will involve taking on tasks of higher complexity within the organization and working daily with the team to develop their professional abilities.
- 3+ years professional experience in web application development
- Python/similar OO languages (minimum 2+ years experience)
- Strong knowledge with Unix based systems administration
- Strong Knowledge of Database Systems and SQL
- Strong knowledge of Git
Preferred (but not required) Qualifications
- Experience with building and maintaining Django applications
- Experience with building and maintaining Vue applications
- Extensive Python experience
- Strong knowledge of data structures, software design patterns, relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with data intensive architectures and software.
- Experience with middleware-type applications and data pipelines
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Able to work without direct supervision. Lofty Employees are trusted to do what is right without leadership stepping in.
- Motivated to try new methods and learn new technologies without direction to do so.
- Can follow directions well, but does not require directions to work.
- Great attention to detail.
- Has a good balance of commitment to excellence and pragmatism.
- Able to comfortably communicate with teammates and product owners regarding their projects.
- Implement architected systems and logic and serve as project leader on projects.
- Take personal responsibility for project deadlines and technical commitments to our product owners.
- Continued education/training.
- Mentoring all level engineers. All Lofty Engineers are responsible for mentoring engineers that are lower in the career ladder than they are.
A Lofty Developer
- Finds fulfilment in solving complicated problems
- Works collaboratively to ensure the best solution is achieved
- Pursues their own education, supported by Lofty, to continue to sharpen their skills
- Values breadth of knowledge as much as specialization
- Utilizes tests as a tool to guarantee code stability
- Looks for the next way to contribute to any project they are a part of
- Has informed opinions they hold lightly
- Yields their preferences to build the right solution
This is the stuff we love to use:
- Python, Django, Django Rest Framework
- PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
- Vue.js (Web apps)
- React Native (Mobile apps)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Amazon Web Services
- Ansible, Terraform, Packer
$60,000 - $90,000
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers