Posted Feb 24 (5 months ago)
Sr. React Engineer
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world's best remote company.
We've been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices - we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
- You'll be working in an agile team responsible for building UIs and tools for making web apps by utilizing modern technologies and solutions like TypeScript, React, Webpack, GraphQL, etc
- You'll write well designed, testable, readable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement
- You'll work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, interactive and highly performant interfaces
- You'll take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, and take responsibility for coding, bug testing, general software deployment, and tracking the product through its lifecycle, along with communicating with other internal teams
- You'll regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorm high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements
- You'll proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve
- Have worked heavily with TypeScript for at least four years
- Excellent knowledge of React and testing (Jest, React-Testing-Library, etc)
- Four or more years knowledge of Node.js and Next.js
- Advanced understanding of web fundamentals (accessibility, security, DOM, SEO, how browsers work, etc)
- Deep knowledge about web performance and page speed with React, Google Lighthouse, and more.
- Great knowledge of Webpack and how to configure it properly
- Love of engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Real-world TypeScript code we can review
- Knowledge of bundlers outside of Webpack (e.g. Rollup or Parcel) and their proper configurations
- Knowledge working with GraphQL
- Working experience building PWAs
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers