Posted Feb 19 (5 months ago)
Software Engineer - Kuali Financials
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
Who are we?
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers — colleges & universities — focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.Our culture
As a company, we are guided by our cultural values:
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Make mistakes
As team members at Kuali, we learn from and teach each other, we practice transparency and empathy, and we delight in delivering value to our customers.
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines on open-source software for more than ten years. Our employees each work in the environment where they’re happiest, from Pennsylvania to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
Kuali has been voted a top place to work for 3 years in a row by the Salt Lake Tribune. We also made Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers for 2020. Not too shabby.
You will be part of the Kuali Financials team, working closely with Customer Success colleagues, who are focused on helping customers get the most value from their investment in our software, and the team-members who design and build our products. Customers use our Financials product to efficiently and effectively manage the complex accounting needs of higher education.
Who are you?
We’re looking for curious, enthusiastic, empathetic engineers to solve problems, execute on ideas, advocate for the customer, and contribute to a team culture built on trust and mutual respect. As a customer success engineer here, you’ll contribute to our goal of delighting the people who use our software. You’ll do this by working closely with new customers to help them learn the technical ins and outs of building integrations with Kuali Financials and migrating their existing data into the system. You’ll build lasting relationships with these clients and be there to assist them as their use of our systems changes and grows.
Some of our customers require very specific solutions. In this role, you’ll take a hands-on approach to solving problems for customers within their customized product implementations. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining solutions for these customers and their unique requirements. Sometimes these requirements should drive a new feature in the base product, and sometimes they shouldn’t. As you learn more about our customers and our product, you’ll thoughtfully consider these questions, prompt these conversations, and help drive these decisions.
We believe the best products are created by teams who represent a broad range of ideas and perspectives. We value employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Have 5+ years of experience building and maintaining enterprise software in Java.
- Have experience working on web applications and an understanding of the full stack.
- Are ready to work on migrating data from legacy systems and provide an excellent support experience to our customers.
- Are passionate about your role in helping customers achieve their missions, and ready to dig in and solve problems.
- Are a thoughtful communicator and skilled collaborator. You listen and ask the right questions to understand a customer’s needs, and you can effectively represent your ideas across functions of your team.
We’d be delighted if you bring any experience with:
- Maven overlays and/or customized applications
- Infrastructure and AWS Services
Other things you should know:
- This team is (and has always been) fully remote. You’d be expected to have a suitable home working environment or alternative. We try to get together in person as a team or company 2-4 times a year.
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Space to work on self-driven projects during “hack time”
- Employee resource groups and community events
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers