Posted Feb 18 (5 months ago)
Software Engineer: Django/REST
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
As a software engineer on the Virtual Events team, you’ll build and maintain the engine that has powered virtual events for Bevy’s many customers as they continue to bring people together in a socially distant world. Using your strong Django skills, and a lot of creative problem solving, you’ll work directly on the virtual event features that have allowed Bevy to thrive throughout the challenges of the year 2021.
- Design & implement software features for the real-time, on platform virtual events. You'll be working with our front-end developers to implement APIs for features such as WebRTC video calling, RTMP streaming, WebSocket based chats, AI moderation, getting attendee metrics, or more. We have lots of different types of problems to solve.
- Code review - we’re moving quickly and can’t always arrive at the best solution on our own.
- Writing everything down - Bevy’s engineering team is 100% remote, and we need to make sure our teammates are set up for success as well.
- Supporting our live events - we try our best to ensure that the platform can run on its own, but with our current pace, having to occasionally be on hand to troubleshoot live issues is a reality.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a strong Django/REST Framework developer
- You’ve worked with a WebRTC Video API (like Vonage’s or Twilio’s) before, or perhaps one of the many WebSocket infrastructure-as-a-service services (Pusher, Pubnub, etc.)
- You’re a creative problem solver that loves to evaluate and make tradeoffs. We have to be reliable, because we might only have one chance to get an event right, but we also have to move quickly.
- Have a focus on delivering customer value. You think in terms of solving problems, not in terms of writing code. Sometimes, the best solution might not involve writing code at all.
- You can communicate to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences. Honestly, virtual events are pretty confusing, and a focus on ensuring everyone is on the same page, will elevate our team.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We will want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers