Posted Feb 09 (2 months ago)
Ruby on Rails Developer - Full-Stack
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
We build custom software for medium/large sized businesses here in AU. We are looking for a full stack web developer to join the team, and assist us in building and maintaining our existing monolith applications in various Ruby frameworks.
- We all love great code design and very enthusiastic in following the SOLID principles along with rigorous automated testing.
- We focus on providing a distraction-free environment for our developers.
- We aren't big on regular meetings
- We use Discourse teams & Clubhouse to communicate internally. We prefer asyncronous communication to keep distractions low for everyone.
- We provide flexibility. If you need to shift hours around we are happy to do so.
- We use Ruby on Rails, Resque, Buildkite, VueJS, Capybara, Rspec, Postgres
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer who is comfortable working in the full stack space. Someone who understands we are doing more than just writing code, we are solving a problem for another business.
- You are comfortable writing clean, modular Ruby on Rails code
- Comfortable working with a team that doesn't do everything the Rails way, we love working with POROs and the facade pattern. We'd love if you have experience writing SOLID code (and bonus if you follow Sandi Metz!). If you haven’t, we would be happy to train you.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working remotely
- We are looking for someone who can have at least a few hours overlap with AEST business hours (the more the better)
What you'll do:
- Build technical solutions that help our customers run their businesses and make them happy
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Participate in technical kickoffs with the team, discussing ways we can approach challenges technically
- Often pair up with other team members and build together
- Has experience in Ruby on Rails web development and comfortable working with large monolithic applications
- Values good code design and happy to go the extra mile with tests
- Can work at least a few hours with Australia business hours (at least 3 of 4 hours overlap to us in Brisbane (GMT+10)
- Comfortable enough to work in the front end. It's not a huge focus but we are looking for a full stack developer that can take a feature from planning to delivery.
- AWS experience is a plus but not required
Please send your applications to email@example.com
Bonus if you follow Sandi Metz!
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers