Posted Jan 27 (3 months ago)
Senior Python Backend Engineer - REMOTE
at Synergy Sports
Full-time 📍 Europe Only
Synergy Sports is dedicated to delivering revolutionary sports and technology solutions for the benefit of sports and entertainment of fans. To make this happen we are bringing established technologies, innovators and sports partners into a thriving ecosystem and ensure the benefits are returned to our sports partners and their fans. We are backed by Elysian Park Ventures, a US-based, private investment firm that shares our commitment to sports, technology, and entertainment.
As a member of the Synergy team, its engineering team will contribute to the ongoing development of Synergy’s revolutionary online sports data and video delivery solutions, building applications such as:
- Enhanced Visual Overlay (EVO). EVO is a cloud-based broadcast graphics system. It runs over the top of video content with official game stats, automatically producing graphics to engage fans with insights on players, the team, action or the entire game. EVO can be customised to incorporate team colours and club logos. It displays the official game clock, scores, game and player statistics, player photos, and can integrate with sponsor branding and messages.
- The FIBA Connected Stadium is a joint initiative between FIBA and Synergy Sports, designed to put basketball at the forefront of changes to how sports are played and consumed. Synergy's solutions use automated motion-based artificial-intelligence technology to capture 1080p full HD video. Professional quality live video is produced without any human intervention ready for live streaming through Federation and League nominated channels.
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in English.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company is deadline driven and provide a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well being of our team and their loved ones.
Team Objectives & Responsibilities
- Creating internal and external APIs to support both data and video
- Scaling out current systems to support new sports
- Building systems to help sporting organizations run more efficiently
- Building complex data models supporting the business rules of sports
- Building build and test automation system
- Strong Python knowledge
- Strong MySQL knowledge
- Strong experience working with AWS.
- Extensive software engineering background - 8 years experience or more
- Ability to define and drive software architecture
- Client focused attitude
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- A strong sense of ownership and self-leadership
- Passion for Basketball or sports in general. You understand the game, strategy and rules and want to be part of a team building innovation for it.
- Experience in how sport runs and operates (either as a participant or an administrator)
- Advanced C# (latest version with a preference to .NET Core)
- MongoDB or other NoSql technology
- Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies
- Performance profiling and tuning high throughput applications
- Previous experience leading a team
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Work remotely on a fully distributed and asynchronous team.
- Big problems, massive impact. We’re working on big scalability challenges and our flat structure means individuals have an incredible amount of impact on everything they touch.
- A-players only. Join our team of best-in-class engineers to disrupt the sports industry and learn, share and grow with great peers on a daily basis.
- A culture geared towards innovation and experimentation. From Deep learning and Computer vision to Kubernetes and the latest cloud technologies.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers