Posted Dec 09 (9 months ago)
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
Billie Eilish’s concert goes on sale. Thousands of fans want to buy a ticket at the same time, the system crashes… “I wish we selected Ticketmatic” you hear the organiser think…
Ticketmatic develops a SaaS platform that distributes more than 15 million tickets annually. Our customers are the largest concert halls and theatres in Belgium, the Netherlands and further abroad.
As a developer you will work directly on our most important applications that are used daily by thousands of ticket buyers and users.
You work on improvements and features big and small, in cycles of a few weeks. You will be working in a small team of 5 developers where we work in a focused way on the improvement of the product.
Here are some examples of the work you will be doing every day:
- Build a waiting list system where ticket users register when an event is sold out.
- Build support for a new Payment Service Provider
- Research how to improve the performance of a specific feature.
- Perform a database migration to roll out a new feature.
- Monitor the systems during an exceptional peak sale.
- You know you are an exceptionally strong developer.
- Extended knowledge of PHP. Experience with Symfony is a plus.
- Experience with complex, large projects for example distributed systems, microservices,... (Ticketmatic is an extensive application incorporating many man-years of development)
- Knowledge of standard software engineering practices (git, unit/integration testing, documentation, continuous integration, version management,...)
- Good knowledge of web technologies and API development (HTML, JSON, REST,...)
- You have a Master degree in Information Technology or you have an equivalent level by experience.
- You can clearly communicate your methods and expectations with the team.
- Autonomy and sense of responsibility are a must.
- A fulltime freelance contract for 6 months, with possible extension.
- An exciting and challenging job where you can learn a lot.
- Flexible working hours, set your own schedule.
- Freedom to travel and work from anywhere in the world.
- Ability to work wherever you are most comfortable (home, office, park, café, etc.)
- Reliable, consistent workload.
- A competitive salary, negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Ticketmatic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers