Posted Nov 26 (4 months ago)
Ruby on Rails Developer
at Bit Zesty
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
We’re a multi-award-winning digital product development agency, supporting clients in corporations, charities, government and start-ups since 2009. From the beginning, we established remote working practices. We believe it gives our team a better work-life balance, more autonomy and flexibility, plus helps us to do our bit in preserving the environment.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join us on a full-time basis. In this role, you’ll join a skilled team of Developers creating high quality, scalable products for our clients. You’ll work closely with our Project Managers, UX Designers and Technical Director, focussing on both maintenance and new development of software applications.
This role would be ideally suited to someone who likes working with Ruby on Rails and is keen to work as part of a team on a range of different projects. If you enjoy creating dynamic web applications and are passionate about clean code, we would love to hear from you.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved with the following:
- Writing efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Identifying performance issues and bugs, and providing solutions to these problems
- Conducting regular Ruby on Rails version upgrades
- Participating in code reviews
- Contributing to creating a culture of writing excellent software
- Taking wireframes/mockups and user stories and build systems that meet the requirements
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- Experienced Ruby on Rails Developer with exposure to multiple applications
- Comfortable working on existing codebases
- Experience of working with live applications including ongoing maintenance
- Knowledge of SQL experience (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB/ElasticSearch/CouchDB)
- Interested in learning new technologies (for example, Elixir, React Native)
- Comfortable working across multiple projects and able to switch between them as required
- Happy to work mostly synchronously as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Previous agency experience would be advantageous
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject is desirable
At Bit Zesty, we offer a range of perks and benefits to help you enjoy your time with us, such as:
- Long term contract position
- Fully remote working - no more stressful commutes, ever
- Flexibility with working hours
- Regular virtual team activities
- An open, dynamic and collaborative digital working culture
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers