Product Manager - Design Systems
- San Francisco or New York or Remote US
- Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design.
- We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform.
- If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
- As Product Manager for the Design Systems team at Figma, you will be responsible for the features in Figma that support the design systems that our customers use every day.
- Within Figma itself, this includes, components, styles and team libraries.
- These features are some of the most important and beloved features, as evidenced by the recent launch of our Variants feature.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with enterprise customers to understand how they run their design systems and what they need from tools like Figma.
- Driving sprint planning and prioritization for the team.
- Working cross functionally with Figma’s design and engineering teams to develop new concepts for extending Figma’s support for design systems.
- Helping the team define and track key success metrics
- Collaborating with marketing on messaging, positioning and GTM plans
We’re looking for someone with:
- Interest in design systems, and perhaps experience using or building one in the past.
- Passion and ability to have deep technical discussions
- A positive team leader and motivator
- Ability to use data to guide you and when to rely on your great product instincts
- Deep user empathy and the ability to build relationships with key customers.
- Passion for improving how product managers, designers and engineers all work together
- An affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a sense of humor and get-it-done personality
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Working with partners like Facebook, Airbnb and Google to help define a new, more flexible way to manage their components in an automated way.
- Helping the engineering team scope and execute on a new way to make components more powerful.
- Researching the needs of Figma users to come up with new ideas for how we could help them with their design system challenges.
- Helping to align the company around a vision for how design systems should be supported in Figma.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.