- US – REMOTE
- US – REMOTE – ENGINEERING/PRODUCT DEV
- FULL-TIME, REGULAR
At Emburse our mission is to help make our users’ lives — and their businesses – better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users’ time, so they can focus on what matters most — their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO’s give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups to enterprises. We have more than 14,000 clients and 4.5 million users globally.
Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain and Australia.
Our core values – Sincerity, Empathy, Empowerment, Individuality and Teamwork – reflect who we are as a company. They are central to the decisions we make and the interactions we have with our teams, customers, and partners. As a people focused company, we are seeking candidates who align with our values.
Emburse is a proud recipient of a 2020 Tech Cares Award from TrustRadius. This award celebrates companies that have gone above and beyond to provide their communities, clients, and front line workers with support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are a people-first company, and this award is a testament to our mission to humanize work.
As a Data Scientist at Emburse, you will assist with design and implementation of data products using innovative feature engineering and machine learning pipelines to help build the future of our expense automation journey. As a key member of our team, you will support our product development teams with insights gained from analyzing company data with respect to potential opportunities for product and process optimization. You must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
What you’ll do:
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model qualify
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- A minimum of 3 years experience manipulating data sets and building GLM/regression models, ensemble decision trees and neural networks
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, R, Scala, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience using machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, SparkML etc.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Experience with big data analytical frameworks such as Spark is highly preferred
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Knowledge Graph, Wikidata, etc. is highly preferred
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
Emburse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emburse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.