iOS SDK Engineer
iOS SDK Engineer (US Remote Eligible)
Tired of hacking together a login system for every new mobile app? Want to build a beautiful library that makes authentication for any iOS app super simple? Then Okta’s Developer Experience team needs you!
Okta is an extensible identity platform and our APIs allow developers at companies of all sizes to integrate authentication and authorization solutions into their applications and platforms. The Developer Experience team is responsible for sharing the love with those developers by identifying common use cases and writing tools that make their lives easier while helping them understand our product and the protocols that we support.
In this role, you will be working in our Open Source Software (OSS) program and will gain invaluable experience with library design and development, as well as interacting with a community of engaged developers who use your work daily. You will continue to deepen your knowledge of the iOS ecosystem by writing SDKs that other developers will use in real-world, production applications that reach millions of users. This role provides the opportunity to design right, code right, and test right.
We are a team of polyglots. Our whole team works closely together to design solutions that work across languages and environments. We’re looking for an iOS expert but also value a generalist mindset.
Interested in the work we do? It’s open-source, check us out on Github at https://github.com/okta
- Design and build software development kits (SDKs) that facilitate the integration of Okta’s authentication and authorization use cases for the iOS ecosystem
- Interact with our customers through GitHub, responding to issues and reviewing pull requests
- Participate in software design and code review for all libraries that the team creates
- Implement holistic testing strategies to emphasize we’re delivering a good developer experience, including unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Write documentation for the libraries that we create
- 7+ years with Objective-C and/or Swift experience
- 3+ years actively building iOS applications that have reached production status and been in the hands of end-users
- Prior experience with providing SDKs that other developers have used in their applications
- Prior experience interacting with other developers on Github (e.g. opening issues, contributing to issues, creating pull requests)
- Experience with iOS development
- Prior experience interacting with other developers on GitHub (e.g. opening issues, contributing to issues, creating pull requests)
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs