Senior Data Scientist - Clinical Data Analytics
Senior Data Scientist – Clinical Data Analytics
- United States of America – Home Based
- Full time
Senior Data Scientist – Clinical Data Analytics
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Connected Care Informatics (CCI) business under the Philips Healthcare umbrella. You will be collaborating with a team of clinicians, epidemiologists and computer scientists to develop new solutions for data analytics that support our portfolio of Connected Care Solutions and services. This position will be working with a diverse set of administrative, financial claims, and clinical databases. You will be leveraging these databases to promote effective methods of population management across the care continuum. You will also participate in a broad range of research activities related to development and implementation of clinical programs and enabling technologies.
You are responsible for
- Manage data integration projects to support research for new CCI product development.
- Developing and deploying solutions for business and clinical problems using machine (deep) learning and predictive modeling techniques.
- Building end-to-end production level ML/AI solutions: from understanding business requirements, data discovery and extraction, model development and evaluation, to production pipeline implementation.
- Applying solid software engineering and ML/AI principles
- Design and develop data visualizations
- Troubleshoot and analyze reporting and data warehouse issues
- Support Customer Data Analytics Processes
You are part of
AI and Data Analytics is a department consisting of clinical research and product focused clinicians that are responsible for analysis of clinical data. These analyses report patient and clinical practice outcomes that encourage transformation of care to patients and develop innovative product capabilities that change the face of healthcare delivery. The department is responsible for analytic competencies that are expanding across the Connected Care Informatics products, benchmarking and data analytics programs, and evaluation of clinical decision support features for existing and new product offerings.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Ph.D. (preferred) in Data Science field, such as Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Machine Learning, or AI with 3+ years of experience or MS with 8+ years
- 2+ years of real-world experience with machine learning algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, reinforcement learning, dimensionality reduction with expertise one or more application domains of NLP, image processing, time series analysis including some knowledge of the concepts of taking projects to scale in the cloud.
- Solid understanding of common statistical and machine learning techniques, both classical machine learning and deep learning.
- Skilled in Python ML frameworks, and at least one major programming language such as C#.
- Experience with application development practices and version control systems.
- Experience with working on big data pipelines and cloud solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience creating data visualizations (desired)
- Experience working with clinical experts to effectively interpret clinical research requirements (desired)
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being, and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first. Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work? Apply Today!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran