Posted Sep 08 (1 month ago)
Lead Front End Engineer
at Showcase IDX
Full-time 📍 USA Only
- You are motivated by working on hard and challenging problems rather than showing up just to check boxes.
- You are driven by building a world class product and better user experience
- You are passionate about building teams and delivering products.
- You relish the opportunity to work with a product team, engineers, customer success and customers to ensure a surprisingly awesome customer experience.
- You ask a lot of questions and love spirited yet professional debate, knowing it improves outcomes. You are comfortable navigating uncharted waters within the company.
- You are motivated by creating your own path to delivering value and taking full advantage of personal empowerment.
- You understand how to balance scope of work with execution, and believe that continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Deliver awesome, fun, engaging, and reliable solutions.
- Collaborate with the team, partners and customers to provide accurate estimations, timelines, costs, and risks associated with development.
- Create clear, concise deliverables that communicate your plans and allow the team to successfully execute ideas.
- Actively participate in stand-ups, meetings, and design sessions.
- Participate in code reviews, vendor selection, research, 1 on 1’s and discussion to help you and the team with professional development.
- Be a mentor and functional manager to a software engineering team.
- Ability to manage geographically distributed teams.
- 4-7 years experience building applications with NodeJS and React Js.
- Are able to work in a fully-remote environment.
- Experience with Webpack, Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, ElasticSearch, and Redis.
- Experience in core aspects of web application development including design, development, architecture, separation of layers, configuration, performance, integration, analytics
- 2+ years of experience Leading an Engineering Team using agile development methodologies.
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail-Oriented, self-started, motivated, results-driven, with high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative.
- Proficiency in managing npm dependencies and build systems.
Nice to have
- Wordpress and PHP experience.
- Experience using Kanban to meet deliverables.
- Experience with kubernetes.
- Experience with GraphQl
- Experience with Typescript
How We Measure Success
First 30 days
- Learn and become proficient in our code base.
- Take over daily responsibilities of bug fixes and features of both our admin and customer facing products.
- Help prepare the code base, processes, and assist hiring of team members.
- You will start to contribute to our first major milestone project by supporting product development by adapting our current product to the needs of the first milestone project.
- Architect and implement any UI/UX changes needed to make the current product work on both legacy and forward implementations.
- Assist in the hiring of additional team members.
- Work on a long term plan for architecting and building front end applications.
- Finish Implementation of initial mIlestone project.
- Plain and start implementation of our next major milestone project.
- Work on building a UI framework for implementing future milestones.
- Lead a team working on building the next evolution of public-facing consumer home search tools and a suite of engagement (CRM-like) management tools on the backend.
- Help plan implementation details for future milestone projects.
- Work cross functionally with other teams to implement future milestone MVPs.
People You'll Work With
We are a highly collaborative and cross-functional organization. As you pursue your objectives and Showcase IDX’s goals, you will be working closely with:
- Scott Lockhart - CEO
- Alan Pinstein - COO
- Scott Davis - Director of Engineering
- Kurt Uhilr - CMO
- Tiffany Soucy - Customer Success Manager
- Andi Bodway-Werneth - Onboarding Manager
In addition to a competitive salary, Showcase IDX offers:
- Stock Option Grant
- Flexible PTO
- Quality Medical + Dental + Vision
- Tax-Free Flexible Health Spending Account
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers