Content Marketing Specialist
Content Marketing Specialist
- REMOTE /
- PRODUCT – MARKETING /
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced content marketer to join App Academy, the leader in Software Engineering training. In this role, you will be focused on driving top of funnel traffic through content development across multiple mediums including text (on-site and offsite articles), video, social (engagement on sites like Reddit), and partnerships (blogs, influencers, review sites, etc.). The ideal candidate is someone who pairs a passion for creating engaging content, with an expertise in the customer journey and using data to drive scalable growth strategies. This role will be very hands-on; focused on producing a consistent flow of content each week and engaging directly with our audience to drive visibility for the App Academy brand. You will play a key role in helping App Academy become a household name across the U.S.
- Use web analytics, audience segmentation, keyword research, and competitive insights to identify content opportunities that will drive top of funnel growth
- Write content for our blog as well as work with partner websites (influencers, blogs, PR, review sites, etc.) to create/update content that drives new leads across our personas
- Engage with relevant social communities, such as Reddit, to build brand awareness and drive traffic to our website
- Edit, optimize, and distribute video content from our Academics team for search/discoverability and lead conversion
- Ensure basic on page SEO is implemented correctly – Title tags, Meta tags: Description, H1, H2, Alt, strong, bold etc
- Research and analyze past content performance in order to inform your roadmap. You’ll regularly report on content performance so we know exactly what’s working, what’s not, and how we can best hit our goals
Experience & Qualifications
- You have a proven track record of driving top of funnel growth with content.
- You’re fluent in SEO best practices (canonicalization, site maps, crawl budget, etc.)
- You’re highly independent and prolific: Can brainstorm and execute on content ideas without oversight or management. Has creative vision and scrappy execution skills.
- You’re a strong, versatile writer with experience writing across social media channels (ideally experience with Reddit) and blogs
- You leverage insights for impact: you look at patterns in the data, synthesize insights, and use them to make content and conversion funnels stronger
- You have strong project management skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Bonus: you have experience with video creation for social media and/or YouTube
- Take responsibility for student success:. Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency. Build like careers depend on it.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans with 100% support for premiums
- Generous paid family leave program
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning
App Academy is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We believe strongly that technology companies benefit from diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.