Posted May 30 (9 months ago)
Sr. Web Developer - Magento/Drupal
at Bear Group
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
Bear Group is a leading web development firm looking for an experienced sr. web developer to join our team of Drupal and Magento experts. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to support complex sites and integrations between systems. Bear Group operates as a distributed company, with headquarters in Seattle, WA, but this is a fully remote position.
Sr. Web Developer & Solution Architect
With Bear Group, you will tackle technical problems, code and debug, and occasionally participate in client meetings. You will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
- Supporting a small number of clients who are participating in the Run State subscription support program.
- Triaging incoming tickets for your base of clients.
- Providing a full range of development from a conceptual solution architect, presenting ideas, upgrading platforms, triaging bugs, system issues to small front-end tweaks.
- Supporting custom-built extensions, integrations, and UX since most clients in Run State are coming in from Bear Group custom development projects.
- Conducting QA on all primary work, with good repro steps provided to TPM / Client.
- Providing clear and concise written communication to clients via Jira ticketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields, plus a minimum of 5+ years of related work experience.
- Strong expertise in building eCommerce and CMS websites using frameworks.
- Preference for client-service environments—web development firms, interactive agencies, graphic design firms.
- Ability to maintain a consistent schedule, set realistic deadlines, manage budgets, coordinate internal and external resources, and accurately estimate resource requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends in emerging and existing web technologies.
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb communication, leadership, management, organization skills.
- 5+ years in web development and strong PHP experience; experience with the Zend framework a plus.
- Experience with Drupal or Magento and their respective APIs (Magento 2 certification a plus).
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs and web services.
- Basic LAMP server administration experience, MySQL knowledge, and Git administration.
- Education or professional experience with C#, Java or Ruby are beneficial. Most coding projects are currently in PHP. Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks.
- Understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture.
More About Bear Group
We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for eCommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone (PST) workday. As a highly client-focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. We strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter or message, we are interested in how you answer these two questions:
- Tell us about the most typical coding or client difficulty you face and a technique you use to resolve it?
- What’s difficult about being part of a distributed team and how do you overcome it?
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers