Senior API Developer, Go-Golang, Cloud Native
Senior API Developer (Go/Golang, Cloud Native) – US Remote
- Portland, OR, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,500 customers across 67 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye is seeking a Software Engineer to build scalable high-throughput security knowledge and intelligence APIs using modern technologies such as CDNs, Go (golang), docker, Kubernetes and gRPC or protobuf over REST. The APIs built are used to power applications across the organization and answer the question, “what does FireEye know”; so that knowledge can be used to empower and protect our customers and partners from constantly evolving cyberthreats.
What you will do:
- Build applications and APIs using the latest best practices and technologies
- Optimize applications for optimal performance, painless auto-scaling and efficient resource utilization
- Design APIs to exceed the businesses needs and evangelize those interfaces within the organization
- Evangelize delivering software using an agile methodology, true DevOps and gitops CI/CD development practices
- We are seeking software developers with experience in systems software or web development.
- Experience with high-throughput systems/APIs, CDNs and strong understanding of HTTP and gRPC semantics is a plus.
- The candidate should have proficiency of one or more of the following languages: C/C++/C#/Java/Rust/Go, with Go (aka. golang) experience being ideal.
- The ideal candidate is a creative and curious motivated team player. Big three cloud (AWS, GCS, Azure), configuration management (puppet, salt, ansible, terraform), CI/CD and Kubernetes/docker experience is desirable but not required.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.