Title: UX Designer (Remote)
Location: United States
Are you passionate about K-12 education? Are you inspired by the idea that learning should be connected to life? Do you believe it takes a village to help a student succeed? We are Naviance by Hobsons, and we craft solutions that enable counselors, schools, and districts to help their students figure out who they are and get where they want to go. This position is a key member of our Naviance User Experience team who ensures our solutions are intuitive and engaging for users, across devices. This position includes facilitating a user-centered discovery process, as well as creating design concepts and prototypes that will improve the experience of our products, and help provide valuable solutions to students and education professionals.
The User Experience Designer serves as an expert across the various disciplines of user experience, including user research, information architecture, interaction design, content, analytics and accessibility. Join us and help students and institutions blaze a trail to better post secondary outcomes.
This position can be based anywhere in the US (Remote).
- Collaborate with Product partners to ideate, craft, and facilitate recurring research initiatives, such as: user interviews, user focus groups, internal stakeholder feedback sessions and more.
- Maintain cohesiveness among multiple products that live under the same platform using and extending our existing Design System.
- Understand accessibility guidelines and collaborate with Product Managers and engineers to help meet accessibility standards.
- Work with cross-product UX team members to provide applicable and predictable experiences across Hobsons platforms.
- Work closely with PMs, engineers, and other team members to best fit optimal user experiences within the afforded project scope, budget, technical requirements, and business needs.
- Propose user experiences and design recommendations in the form of wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Assist with development and socialization of user archetypes, including personas, or contribute to existing ones as appropriate.
- Collaborate with distributed teams through traditionally agile ceremonies (stand-up, sprint planning, retros) to ensure the desired user experience is carried through the development cycle.
- Serve as UX representative for high-profile projects and cross-departmental meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in user experience, interaction design, information architecture or related field, or equivalent years of related experience is required.
- 3-6 years of UX experience with websites and/or web applications.
- Education industry experience preferred.
- Portfolio or examples showcasing experience in planning and creating intuitive digital experiences.
- Understanding of usability and responsive design best practices.
- Ability to own and articulate design decisions.
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop.
- Knowledge of HTML5 & CSS is a plus.
- Experience designing in an Agile environment that includes SaaS and B2B products preferred
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with agile development and scrum processes highly preferred.
A leader in education technology, Hobsons helps more than 15 million students to identify their strengths, explore careers, match to best-fit educational opportunities, create academic plans, and reach their education and life goals. More than 13,000 K-12 and higher education institutions partner with Hobsons and leverage our expertise and our solutions — Naviance, Intersect, and Starfish — to improve college and career readiness, college recruiting and admissions, and higher education student success to support millions of students.
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible Paid Time-Off
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities