UX Designer: Content
Title: UX Designer
- Content (Remote)
- Location: United States
CivicActions is a dedicated, fun-loving team, looking for talented folks to help us bring revolutionary digital services to government agencies and the people they serve.
We are a service and user-oriented group, focused on engineering robust software delivery infrastructure, automation, processes, and teams. The things we build will play an integral role in developing and supporting digital services for federal and state government agencies to help them serve the public better.
This position is remote (work from home) and requires a background investigation for federal security clearance.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
For these positions, we need people with experience in a combination of the following:
- Experience working in Agile and cross-functional teams (with users, developers, product managers, security and compliance)
- Break down complex problems into understandable and iterative solutions
- Infrastructure-as-code development and operations (e.g. CloudFormation or Terraform)
- Amazon Web Services, Docker and/or Kubernetes environments
- Strong working knowledge of GNU/Linux, including SELinux, iptables, sshd, MariaDB, Apache, etc
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Continuous integration & continuous deployment, for example with Gitlab CI or Jenkins
- Create and maintain documentation, timely and detailed ticket updates and communications around work
- Planning and implementing migration of systems and applications between hosts with minimal downtime
- Can work both collaboratively and solo, with experience navigating complex troubleshooting scenarios
- Site reliability engineering (SRE) and on-call rotation – must be able to respond nights and/or weekends, as necessary
- Manage a host of diverse free software technologies on cloud hosting environments including Apache, Nginx, Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Solr, RedHat/CentOS, Node.js, Django, Rails, Drupal, Moodle, Composer and many others
- At least four years of relevant experience
The following are a plus:
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Server hardening and least privilege experience
- Previous federal security clearance
$90,000 – $125,000 Annually
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We excel in our benefits offering and believe that people who are well taken care of can be more balanced, healthy and happy. We offer 100% company-paid medical insurance, disability insurance, and life insurance. We have a generous 401(k) program. We have an open vacation policy — employees are encouraged to take time off as needed to feel balanced, productive and healthy. We have paid parental leave. We have an annual all-hands retreat to connect with each other in person. We also emphasize professional development and offer an annual stipend.
Community participation is important to us and we ask that you spend 5% of your working time giving back to a community that you care about. We attempt to keep our work products ‘open by default’. This means that it is our intention that your work contributions during your time at CivicActions will be published under public license, enabling you to bring your passion fully into your activities without the fear that your expressions will be locked away or prevented from having a positive impact in the world.
CivicActions is a digital services firm building elegant and accessible government services for everyone.
We are passionate civic designers and developers specializing in free and open source agile software development, user-centered design, security/compliance and open data.
We value diverse teams at CivicActions. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.