Principal UX Designer
Principal UX Designer
- REMOTE – USA
- PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Do you thrive in fast pace environments? Are you able to adapt quickly and figure things out? That’s life in a fast growth start up! Dragos seeks passionate, hard-working, fun-loving, small-ego, big-brained people. Our tagline is “Safeguarding Civilization” not because we think highly of ourselves, but because the problems we are solving are critically important, today and in the years to come. We look for ICS experts across industries who are committed to growing global expertise in the space by training the next wave of future innovators and thought leaders.
Our Product Team has an opportunity experienced UX Designer to join our growing team! You will wire-frame and prototype intuitive user experiences, identify design problems, and craft modern solutions. Next, you will also innovate methods of problem-solving while maintaining a user-centric approach. Finally, you will collaborate with stakeholders and developers to ensure the design vision is executed. This will happen as you thrive in an Agile development environment, demonstrating ability to manage both time and scope to fit tasks into quick development iterations.
- Collaborate on UX planning with the project team (developers, product owners, etc.)
- Research interaction design and technology trends to provide specific UX direction and solutions to complex problems
- Turn complex ideas into easily-understood visuals
- Interview key stakeholders
- Create a flowchart to document user’s journey throughout the application
- Suggest information architecture improvements
- Create wireframes & interactive prototypes
- Create design comps
- Create a user journey map
- Create responsive comps
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced team members
- 10+ years’ experience in related field
- Have experience designing applications, from consumer-facing to internal tools
- Lead product design from research through implementation – you want to help the team succeed more than making a nice sketch file
- Maintain a user-centered approach while respecting business needs
- Be willing to work in an agile design environment, rather than a waterfall one
- Bring deep experience the 3 facets of design: user research, interaction design or visual design
- Have experience and curiosity within agile and lean philosophies
- Have experience working independently with clients or stakeholders in a consulting role
- Some familiarity with CSS – you don’t have to be an expert
- Have experience enabling clients in user-centered design best practices
- Experienced in user research methodologies and can educate others
- This position is also available either in Hanover, MD or remote.
Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments.
We are practitioners who have lived through and solved real security challenges. Our team members have responded to incidents including the Ukraine 2015 power grid attack, analyzed the CRASHOVERRIDE malware responsible for the Ukraine 2016 electric grid attack, analyzed the TRISIS malware responsible for the petrochemical facility attack in 2017, built and led the National Security Agency mission to identify nation-states breaking into ICS, and performed assessments on hundreds of assets around the world.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K and life insurance.
Dragos is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Come join us!