“We’re a software startup with a globally distributed team. As we don’t have any offices, you will be working remotely; in other words, we all work from our homes.”
We are looking for a talented product designer to help us continuously improve the user experience for our on-premise product ClusterControl and our cloud services. Lead the design of great new features and enhancements to our entire product lines.
You are passionate about UX/UI design and understand usability, have an eye for visual consistency and a strong sense of reducing the complex to bare essentials.
Be part of a great distributed global team of highly skilled and motivated colleagues building the next generation database cluster management and monitoring application and cloud services.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the product and development teams and direct the design of visually appealing and intuitive interfaces for all new features and enhancements for our projects
- Initiate, suggest, and lead major UX&UI refactorings for a more intuitive user experience
- Design visual frameworks, detailed user and interaction flows, wireframes, mockups, and quick prototypes as well as polished visual assets
- Capture all interactions, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, and prototypes
- Understand user behavior and motivation at a fundamental level, through user interviews, research, etc., and through the development of journey maps, user personas, and other artifacts
- Conduct qualitative user research, interviews, usability testing, and other research methods and data analysis techniques to make informed recommendations for UX/UI
- Advocate for the customer and user-centered design throughout the organization
- Understand and distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions
- Have the ability to quickly understand the business needs of any of our distinct brands, and create compelling, effective UX designs
- Contributes to the success of the company by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned
- Work with product management to define requirements, not only translate them to design
- 5+ Years of software User Experience and/or UI and Visual design experience, and shipping successful consumer-facing products at consumer-focused companies
- Experience working with design systems and modern UI design tools (Sketch, Figma, Framer, UXPin, Invision etc)
- Comfortable with an agile approach to design, with an emphasis on user testing and rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
- Story telling – Ability to tell simple user stories illustrating solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user interactions
- A passion for solving design problems while owning all facets of design (strategy, art direction, interaction design and research)
- Up to date with the latest UX&UI trends, techniques and best practices
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS for rapid prototyping