UI/UX Designer – Remote (US)
Working at BuildWitt Media Group
BuildWitt isn’t your typical marketing agency. We shoveled rock and pounded stakes long before marketing ever entered our minds. We love dirt and the heavy equipment that moves it. BuildWitt is more than a job or a means to provide for our families it gives us purpose and joy.
Were on a mission to make construction and mining a better place. The way we’ve always done it mentality dominates our industry. Its come at a cost innovation is nonexistent, and the next generation is missing. Its time for us to lead the change. We have partnered with the best companies and people in mining and construction and we believe beautiful, thoughtful design plays a pivotal role in achieving that goal.
Were looking for someone who can envision how people in our industry interact digitally and create stunning, intuitive designs around them. These designs should be accessible (mobile-first), easy-to-use, and capture the unique spirit of each of our partners (we don’t like the word client). In an industry inundated with poor design, you’ll create striking websites that are dedicated to our partner’s people, their customers, and inspire a new blue-collar world.
What you’ll get to do as a Designer for us:
- Design custom beautiful websites
- Interpret our partner’s visions into easy interactive user experiences
- Create original designs to tell the unique story of each partner company and their employees
- Create custom icons and illustrations to make complex information simple
- Optimize websites by thinking through interactions and creating harmonious design elements
- Work with our talented developers to turn your vision into reality
- Work remotely with flexible hours
Who you are:
- Have 5 years of web and graphic design experience
- Expert with wireframe, UX, and design technologies
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience with InVision Studio / Sketch strongly preferred
- Have an online portfolio highlighting your design process and thoughtful design solutions
You will fit in well with our team if you:
- Like to have fun at work
- Are a strong communicator. You can collaborate well as a liaison between developers, partners, and internal operations.
- Take pride in your ability to exceed deadlines with impressive results
- Bonus points if you love dirt and construction!