Customer Support Lead
School of Motion is looking for a Fully Remote Customer Support Lead to champion our students and community members.
School of Motion is looking to add a Customer Support Lead to our growing team. This is a role in a fast-moving, tech-enabled company that will require you to be an excellent communicator, help highlight our students, and build out the best support team that any online school has ever seen.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Assisting students with enrollment needs such as transferring, deferring, invoice creation, or certificate of completion
- Helping students decide which of our courses to take
- Being the liaison between our students and the rest of our team
- Answering support tickets via Intercom
- Creating and updating SOPs, macros, and FAQs for the support team
- Working with businesses to provide custom enrollments and pricing
- Managing 1 – 2 part time support agents
The right person for this role will be eager to dive right into a busy team and won’t mind rolling up their sleeves. We’re a small company, and everyone wears a few hats.
To succeed in this role, you must:
- Live in the United States full time and be able to generally work East Coast hours
- Have at least 2 years of remote chat support experience using Intercom, Zendesk, or similar tool
- Have an understanding of mission driven, community first companies
- Be able to quickly research, understand, and explain new information – you certainly do not have to be a motion designer but you will need to absorb a lot of motion design material to be able to best inform our community about our courses and content.
- Be comfortable providing instructions to students about our platform and communicate bugs and feature requests to our development team.
- Have been a team leader or have experience with hiring and training
- Be nice, empathetic, and proactive. We adore our community, students, and alumni and want them to succeed.
- Account Management or B2B sales experience
- Experience in creative arts such as motion design, graphic design, illustration, film making, etc.
- Work experience in a fully remote environment
We have a flexible work schedule at School of Motion — the company runs on a standard Monday through Friday/ET schedule; however, employees are not required to be at their workstation from 9 to 5 each and every day. We ask that our employees maintain a work schedule appropriate for themselves and their respective teams, as well as take time off as needed. We believe that regular communication, effective workflows, and setting and reliably hitting goals are key to non-conventional work hours.
- Include a link to your LinkedIn profile
- Write us a letter that includes the following:
- In what ways do you embody the School of Motion values?
- Include some information on something you’re currently excited about learning, and how you’re learning it.
- What are two different ways that Zendesk or intercom chat support make customer support requests efficient?
- Explain exactly how to assemble the infamous Ikea Malm Dresser
- Include a screenshot of your internet speed
About School of Motion:
At School of Motion, we’re trying to reinvent the way students learn online by combining the best parts of a traditional brick-and-mortar school with technology that allows our students to receive elite Motion Design training from anywhere in the world. Our mission is to break down the barriers to learning, mastering, and working in Motion Design. We currently have ten comprehensive courses, over 5,000 Alumni, dozens of Teaching Assistants, and a small team of full-time staff working diligently to keep everything running! And this is only the beginning…
Our Core Values:
Our core values embody our team dynamic and our voice. We are rebellious, helpful, effective, playful, and curious. If you would like to work with us, you should be all of these things too:
- We don’t like to do things just because they’ve always been done that way. Be skeptical of the status quo and constantly improve.
- There is no such thing as “not my job”. Help out in any way you can, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
- We do things fast and smart. We automate if it makes sense. We skip the meeting if it’s not immediately beneficial to the mission.
- No Bad Vibes. Don’t take yourself too seriously, it’s only Animation.
- Have interests, pursue them ruthlessly. Share your weirdness.
Some important information:
While School of Motion does not discriminate on the basis of citizenship or national origin, we may only employ United States citizens and people who are authorized to work in the United States. As long as you meet those criteria, you can work from wherever you’re comfortable! We’re a fully remote team that primarily operates on Eastern Standard Time. work with us in person.
$40,000-$55,000, depending on experience
We have some great benefits:
We cover 100% of your health insurance, as well as a portion of your spouse’s and children’s
We have a flexible time-off policy — and work wherever you want, as long as you have an internet connection
- We offer a 401K plan after one year of employment
- We maintain a very casual work environment — just be you
- We’re proud of our exceptional giphy game
The position does require domestic travel at least once per year when we all get together for company retreats and industry conferences (they are fun!).
School of Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
School of Motion is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at School of Motion are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Location: US Locations Only