Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
GitBook is a modern documentation platform sustained by some of the best SaaS europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC). Our ambition is to empower team’s intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge.
GitBook is now used by over 500,000 users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. We’re working on an important next product step to redefine “core team work” and we’re looking for a Product Designer to join our team and lead product design (based in Lyon or working remotely) in order to help us achieve on our ambition.
What will you be doing ?
Your role as a Product Designer will be to create an outstanding experience for our users.
On a daily basis you will :
- be partnering with our future PM on the entire product cycle
- work with our PM to conduct discovery and research (data analysis, user test, user interview…) in order to validate hypothesis on users pain-points, define goals, run user interviews, prototype interactions and oversee the design process
- be responsible for translating informations collected during the discovery and research phase into new experiences
- deliver an outstanding execution on the design flow (experience maps, wireframes, prototypes, UI…)
- be partnering with every team within GitBook and share the UX vision
- be working closely with our PM and our Product Development team to build a strong Design System in order to improve consistency, fast execution and the overall experience of our product
- help us define and improve our design standards and processes.
- establish best practices for software and design workflows
You will be an addition to our culture as :
- you always Ambition (Aim Higher) the next step of your work, whether it’s building a feature, improving a team process, etc.
- you have a deep sense of Ownership (Take control & Own it) as when you observe a problem, you don’t wait for someone to fix it, but you take the responsibility of fixing it.
- you have a sense of Accountability (Be accountable to results) as you are focused on outcomes (not on efforts).
- you Care (Give a shit) and empathises with customers as you take the time to understand their frustrations, needs, and root-problems. Which also proxy to the team as you help them achieve and learn; to better serve our mission.
- you are able to Train (Grow yourself) as, when facing an unknown challenge, you learn from it to create leverage for the team.
- you are Genuine (Say it and accept it) as you are candid, respectful and transparent in your communication.
- you are a Team player (Leverage the team) as you acknowledge that leveraging the team and different skills enables to create an outcome that’s bigger than the sum of it’s part.
- you are an Architect (Plan & Build) as you value building long-term solutions beyond simple day-to-day execution. You start new projects breadth-first, solve the broad easy problems first and then dive into the details.
You will also appreciate :
- health insurance
- lunch voucher thanks to Lunchr card (around 9e/day)
- refund of your public transport subscriptions up to 50%
- to have an impact by building a product that helps thousands of teams and users around the world
- to move fast and learn in the challenging environment of a fast-growing startup
- to work remotely whenever you want to (+/-2h from Paris time zone)
- to enjoy our offices in the center of Lyon whenever you want to as well
- to gather with the entire GitBook’s team to share lunches and sweet breaks as we love food
- to (sometimes) practice sports with GitBook’s team
- to work with “the coolest team on earth” !
- to go on team off-sites twice a year (summer and winter)
What’s next ?
- First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we’ll get back at you whatever the decision)
- As the next step, our Talent Manager will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook’s expectations, the role and your own expectations.
- Then you will have a call with the Hiring Partner to deep dive into day-to-day, on-the-job skills etc.
- We will give you a Use Case to work on so you’ll have a better understanding of your potential day-to-day challenges at GitBook
- Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to discuss with one of GitBook’s founders about our story, our vision and ambition, and ensuring there is a fit with our culture and core values.
- Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with the entire team to determine if we would like to work together on a daily basis and share drink/lunches after work.