Posted Apr 14 (7 months ago)
Full-time 📍 USA Only
This is a full time 6 month contract to hire position.
Are you a developer who...
- While we value your back-end development skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally as important. That said, we’re looking for a candidate with the following characteristics:
- Someone who enjoys collaborating, growing and pushing the boundaries of development; this person knows that there is always a better way to develop
- A highly motivated self-starter, eager to adopt new technologies and apply creative thinking to technology-related challenges
- A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines
- An excellent communicator with a sense of humor
- A digital detective with the ability to catch problems before they occur
Your experience and expertise...
- We don't care as much about years of experience as we do your talent and passion. But here is the type background you should have:
- Experience with PHP OOP (Object-oriented Programming).
- Worked on Drupal 8 projects, Decoupled architecture, REST APIs
- Proficient in Drupal site development including custom module development, contributed and core modules.
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites.
- Involvement in and contribution to the Drupal community, ideally in the education and higher education Drupal communities.
- Excel working with MySQL databases and relational databases.
- Proficient at writing reusable and modular code.
- Accustomed to developing in Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP) or Linux/Nginx/MySQL/PHP (LEMP) environments.
- Embrace change and can easily adapt to new situations.
- Are able to follow directions, but independently move forward on a project when required.
- Are able to conceptualize code development prior to implementation.
- Like to improve coding syntax to enhance overall performance.
- Follow and improve internal coding standards.
- Are curious, and eager to learn about new web technologies and approaches.
- Have already forgotten about IE8 (despite clients continuously mentioning it).
Nice to have, but not required:
- React, Angular or Vue.js experience; and experience with CI
- Prefer GIT over SVN
- Prefer command-line over GUI
- Use and create RESTful API’s
- Are familiar with Hypertext Application Language (HAL)
- Like front-end development as much as back-end development
- Have used any of the following package/dependency managers: Composer, Bower, npm, Bundler
- Are familiar with SASS/SCSS tools such as Compass, Breakpoint, and Singularity
- Have experience working with automated testing tools, such as Jenkins
- Successful candidates will be:
- Team players willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive
- Detail-oriented with strong competency in task/time and scope management.
- Curious – problem solving will not be a chore, but a welcome exercise to strong candidates.
- Good communicators with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers