Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Production Designer BHG Walmart will be responsible for creating art work and design files that are needed for in store packaging of the BHG products being sold at Walmart. This position is embedded in the Walmart packaging team. This will allow for the expeditious work needed to support the sku growth and expansion of the Better Homes and Gardens products sold at Walmart. As needed, this position will also support writing copy that is needed for in store packaging and on line presentation of the BHG products being sold at Walmart and on walmart.com.
Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- Designs and executes packaging production files based on brand style guides to ensure accurate, on-time deliverables by retrieving and referencing previous or related source files; working with vendors to refine supplied artwork and information; organizing and maintaining accurate, systematic files and file archiving; managing timelines and adjusting priorities of deliverables; implementing revisions and preparing files for release; evaluating proofs and providing feedback to printers; and producing and preparing timely and accurate files.
- Implements design and art production solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Collaborates with senior management to conceptualize designs based on brand style guides by contributing to the development of new concepts, systems and solutions; creating and maintaining packaging templates; and implementing pre-press standards.
- Writes the packaging content (for example, product names, instructional content, features) for brand by collaborating with business partners (for example, merchants, product development, suppliers) to determine objectives for each brand; prioritizing projects based on criticality; determining needed information for customer impact; writing standards packaging content based on business needs and customer expectations; coordinating content development; developing and specification for brand-specific style guides; editing content; collaborating with cross-functional teams (for example, Legal, Compliance, Ethical Standards) to ensure compliance with federal, state, and foreign governmental regulations and information standards; ensuring accuracy and timeliness on required deliverables; and presenting packaging content to senior leadership.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans by demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or related field and 2 years experience in professional design experience, including print and consumer packaged goods (CPG) experience, or related field, OR 4 years experience in professional design experience, including print and CPG experience, or related field.
- 3 years of experience in brand building.
- 5 years of experience in print and packaging.
- 3 years of experience in identity design.
- 3 years of retail experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years experience with Microsoft Office suite (for example, Excel, PowerPoint), Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 5%
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.