Contract UX Designer
We are looking for a contract UX Designer to create web experiences that are intuitive, attractive, modern and usable.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to understand the value an application offers to the end-user, the challenges of making that value available in an intuitive way, and you should be able to come up with creative ways to solve that challenge.
A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. You will also need to be technical enough to have an informed conversation with the engineering team about the application, how it works and the technical challenges of creating user interface flows and elements.
Ultimately, you will make our products more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
This role will have you working on a specific product within the Defiant team. We’ll share more details with top candidates and ask for a brief proposal.
- Plan and conduct user research and industry analysis
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Determine process flow with an eye for reducing friction
- Create prototypes and wireframes
- Conduct usability testing
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces that drive conversions
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform design decisions
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for web and mobile apps
- Understand user needs
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
Skills and requirements
- A strong command of contemporary UX design tools
- Experience with usability testing
- Background in designing for web-based interfaces with proven mastery of responsive design
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
- A solid foundation in layout and design
- A solid technical background and knowledge base
You’ll work with a team that is friendly, fast-moving, and highly capable with a sense of humor. There’s no micromanagement herewe trust that you will see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed.
At Defiant, trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members.
- This contract role is contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a contract offer with the company.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and use good judgement to produce digital and print content.
- Ability to quickly understand and grasp topics and concepts related to the web security industry.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Effective time management and attention to detail.
- An enthusiastic everything is possible attitude. Ability to see opportunity when problems arise.
- A fast and reliable internet connection.