Title: UX Designer (remote)
Location: Washington, D.C.
This is a remote position.
At Ad Hoc, we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone. Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time. Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We are committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
We are looking for a Designer with experience in creating well-crafted, user-centered products. You will be a co-equal partner on a team committed to using research, design, and engineering to deliver well-rounded web-based applications and services. You will influence Ad Hoc programs, your assigned work, and project teammates. You will work with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into good design. Your work will impact the lives of millions of people.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You’ll Do
- Design work
- Discovery artifacts
- Sketches and rough prototypes
- UX flows
- High fidelity prototypes
- Business development materials
What You’ll Bring
- Stakeholder engagement
- Presenting work to others
- Design skills
- Comfort with design tools
- Fluency with basic concepts
- Collaboration with others
- Collaboration with engineering team on design solution
- Basic understanding of related technical skills, including things like APIs, databases, front end technologies
- Delivering on the full life cycle of a problem
- Receiving mentorship from others
- Aligning discovery process with goals
- Design critiques
- Ability to provide basic feedback on design work
- UI-level critique
- Systems level thinking
- Ability to work with an existing system
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance