Senior Django Python Developer
Senior Django Python Developer – Remote Work – Work From Home
This position is full time, remote work from home, and being hired near-term.
Bbot is a rapidly growing startup that makes smart ordering technology for bars, restaurants, hotels and other hospitality establishments. Our company is 100% remote and loves the remote manifesto from Gitlab. Currently we are focused on providing the hospitality industry with online ordering and delivery capabilities, with the goal of reestablishing employment for as many workers as possible during COVID-19. The hospitality industry as a whole is going through a tumultuous time, but Bbot is continuing to expand as we fill the new demand for online ordering and delivery solutions.
As a member of a small team, you’ll be empowered to write code that is truly mission critical, directly impacting the bottom line and viability of our customers. Your primary goals will be to quickly implement new features that are requested by customers. You will move fast, releasing new code almost daily, which will then be relied upon by hundreds of real customers shortly thereafter. Successful candidates for this position will thrive in a results driven environment.
Candidates for this position must be proficient in writing Django endpoints, using the Django ORM, and converting data representation formats in python using cleanly written functional programming (list comprehensions, map, filter, etc). The candidate must be senior, meaning able to independently take a brief feature specification and turn it into implemented and tested production-ready code. Additional knowledge of Angular JS and React is a strong plus.
What you will do
- Quickly become familiar with a complex codebase
- Implement new features that are requested by customers
- Work with a small team of highly skilled and dedicated engineers that demand excellence and results from one another
- Empower restaurant and bars to reopen, restoring many hospitality workers to employment.
Required Experience and Skills
- Proficiency in writing Django endpoints
- Proficiency in using the Django ORM
- Proficiency in converting data representation formats in python using functional programming (list comprehensions, map, filter, etc)
- Additional knowledge of Angular JS and React is a strong plus
- Ability to quickly learn how to use Bbot’s software technologies.
- Ability to use technology for remote team collaboration.
- Experience in the hospitality industry is a plus, but not required
- Full time employment position is open to all applicants in the United States. However, preference for qualified applicants will be given to the following states where the company already has employees and associated tax registrations in place: PA, DC, NY, MA, TX, MD, IL, IN, NC
- Candidates must have the right to work in the United States. Visas cannot be sponsored.
- Qualified applicants from outside the United States may be considered for alternate contract work, but will not be considered for this full time position.
Location: US Locations Only