Frontend Software Development Engineer
Frontend Software Development Engineer
CREATE – CORE ENGINEERING
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We develop the world’s best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud — rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals, strong on aptitude and attitude, will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
The Frontend Engineering team is responsible for designing and building the interfaces that enable our customers to do their jobs quickly and effortlessly. We’re a group of Frontend Software Engineers that work closely with UX Designers and other engineering teams to make the product dreams come true (within reason, of course!). We care deeply about our customers and their needs. We work across different product lines, so you need to be able to handle multiple morphing contexts. We work hard to ensure our products are easy to use, accessible, and deliver world-class experiences by bringing thoughtful critiques to pr review and pushing for code and ui architecture improvements across the organization.
While Chef’s headquarters are located in Seattle, WA this position and the ideal candidate can be located anywhere in the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, test, and peer review UI features within Chef Automate and Chef Builder
- Become an expert on and advocate for our UI codebase and architecture across our tools
- Partner across multiple development and UX teams to coordinate best practices that result in beautiful and functional product UIs
- Leverage your passion for great UI design to improve upon our Chef UIs while working in a supportive environment
Who You Are:
- You’ll have frontend software development skills, with experience in at least one area of our stack that includes Angular, Typescript, rxjs/ngrx, and whipping up custom reusable components from Material UI
- You’ll have general software development skills and are eager to learn and develop your skills, researching problems and working on spikes to test theories
- You can demonstrate deep knowledge in at least one language or technology stack
- You are comfortable using the command line, git, and working in an open source fashion
- You care deeply about accessibility and are committed to delivering experiences that work for everybody
- You’ll like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
- You’ll enjoy collaborating closely with two main customers ( Chef customers and internal engineering teams ) to understand their complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought – we are well rounded engineers, not developers who handoff to QA
Benefits are awesome – a competitive salary, equity for all, solid medical/dental benefits, 401(k), telecommuting, flextime, a variety of interesting projects, and brilliant co-workers.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.