Posted Feb 26 (9 months ago)
Strong PHP Laravel Developer with MongoDB Knowledge
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
We are hiring Entry Level, Mid-Level and Senior developers. Please share your level of experience in the appropriate field as you apply.
About the position
We are growing and looking to recruit for our remote team an experienced PHP Developer with Laravel and MongoDB experience who will write quality code and deliver results within reasonable timelines. Specifically, from this role, we expect someone capable of taking a technical brief, make architecture recommendations and follow high quality standards while coding the backend of applications in PHP, using the Laravel framework.
You'll work alongside other (remote) PHP Developers, sometimes in the same projects, so a clear ability to work in teams is much desired. You'll build the backend services, most of the times through REST APIs, contribute to technical considerations and decisions and deliver exciting new products to the world.
Position's responsibilities are:
- Produce “clean” and well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation (e.g. for APIs);
- Work on creating basic and advanced database architectures with both MongoDB and MySQL (for this position MongoDB is required);
- Collaborate with others on translating needs into a database architecture;
- Create code that has great test coverage to avoid unnecessary issues in the future;
- Collaborate with the team in all phases of the development lifecycle, including the strategy and the architecture of the systems you will eventually build;
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality;
- Stay informed about industry best practices;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- On-time delivery of projects;
- Follow Agile and SCRUM methodologies (where appropriate) to deliver projects;
- Communicate with others, including project managers, on struggles and progress of each of the projects;
PHP Developer requirements are:
- 3+ years' experience of working on a PHP Developer position;
- Professional experience (hands-on) with Laravel Framework for 2+ years;
- Professional experience (hands-on) with MongoDB for 2+ years;
- Excellent knowledge of non-relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services;
- Knowledge in designing, building and using APIs using REST / SOAP.
- Experience with micro-services is desired by not mandatory;
- Desire to develop new bold ideas, while constantly following best design and coding practices
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area is NOT needed;
- Write clean, optimized, bug free code and ensure coding quality meets industry standards.
- Highly motivated and works with minimum supervision and remote location.
- All of these things people ask for: motivated, focused, hard-worker that likes to grow and learn more, that works well with others and has a positive attitude;
- Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or... ) :-)
- Competitive Salary for position and location
- Health Plan and/or Deductions
- Flexible vacation/days off policy
- Training / Self-Development Yearly Package
- Yearly Bonuses Program
- Paid parental leave / Flexible conditions on return
- Continuous Training (both on site and online)
- Attend Annual Company retreat abroad
- Support from a Project Manager in all projects;
- A lot of ownership developing key features or entire products;
- Ability to work in complex projects of Fortune500 as well as small companies.
- Plenty of Growth Opportunities
- The opportunity to join an unique and growing company with a 200% growth record for the past 3 years;
- Contribute with your suggestions and see your feedback and opinion impact products used by millions worldwide
- A growing team full of talent;
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers