Posted Feb 26 (1 year ago)
Full Stack Engineer (React & Node.js)
Full-time 📍 Worldwide
Who we are
Crowdcast is the virtual events platform for businesses & creators. Every month over 4,000 events go live (& growing) ranging from Q&As to workshops, live shows, meet-ups, webinars, online concerts, & online summits. Our customers range from big companies like Adobe, IBM, Twilio, & HP to creators like Mos Def, Amanda Palmer, MIA, System of Down & Jacob Collier.
We believe technology can be used to bring people together & bridge divides. We're empowering people to share their ideas at scale, bring their communities together, and make a living in the process.
We're a profitable, remote-first, and long-term thinking company. You could say, we're a zebra company.
Who you are
You get a kick out of imagining what's possible and then realizing it through code. You have a not-so-secret obsession with solving complex problems. You're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed. You have high integrity, are self-motivated, and a life-long learner. You're not afraid to dive into uncharted territory and are open to updating your opinions based on new information. You communicate thoughtfully and grasp ideas easily. You're constantly pushing yourself to grow and become the most authentic & full expression of yourself.
You've spent years refining your web development skills and now want to do work that truly makes a positive impact on the world. You're looking to help build a company that's directly empowering people while being profitable and sustainable. You balance creating impact today with long-term goals and want to play a key role in an early team. You're looking to build a team & culture that you're proud of.
What you'll do
- You won't be just another engineer at a giant company. We're a small tight-knit multi-disciplinary team and you'll be directly involved in shaping the product & culture.
- As a core member, you'll be integral in the design and development of the platform.
- You'll work with a supportive team to get things done with the right mix of quality and agility.
- We're pushing the boundaries of what's possible with live video using web technologies and have built some incredible tech that allows us to host interactive low-latency live video at scale. You'll be a core contributor and also experiment with innovative new solutions.
- You'll work with the latest technologies that power the web. On the front-end, you'll mainly work with React (sometimes Angular), CSS-in-JS & WebRTC. On the back-end, you'll work with Node.js, AWS, Google Cloud, Redis, Mongo, Docker, FFmpeg, HLS, DASH & more. All of these are subject to change with time and your input.
- We value ownership and the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. As an engineer at Crowdcast, you'll be highly independent and autonomous. There are no bosses.
Your skills & experience
- Have seen the good, the bad, the ugly, and the just plain weird side of the internet.
- 4+ years of engineering experience. Comfortable working across multiple platforms and environments. Have solid engineering fundamentals (CS degree a plus, but not required).
- Have a good sense of what makes a delightful user-experience and a sense for good design (although no design experience needed).
- Working with video is plus but not required.
Benefits & Perks
- A competitive salary with equity
- Healthcare Coverage (including dental & vision)
- Flexible hours – We're remote-first, you pick when you work
- Annual Retreats
- Paid Maternal/Paternal Leave
- Unlimited Vacation Policy – Take time off to take care of yourself
- Flexible PTO & Sick leave
- Career growth & training stipend
Crowdcast is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that makes you uniquely YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.
How to apply
To apply, send an email with the following:
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose)
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- How you heard about the opening
- A brief write-up explaining who you are as a programmer & why you're interested in joining.
(For example, how you got started, what area of the stack you feel most familiar with, what motivates you, what technologies you want to learn, what resonates with you about our mission, etc.)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Reach out even if you don't think you're fully qualified, we may still have a position for you.
Meerkad is a job board powered by community where remote job seekers and companies connect.
Community of 4k+ remote job seekers