Product Design Director
Product Design Director
Job Location: US-CA-Costa Mesa | US-Remote
Job ID: 2020-4510
We’re looking for a passionate Product Design Director to grow and innovate our design practice across brands, products, tools and materials. We are making big bets on the future of real-estate, trailblazing a 2030 vision for the industry. Watch our CEO, Jeff Meyers share the landscape of untapped opportunities. We have new projects in the pipeline, and an ongoing revamping of entire experiences across mediums and platforms. There are countless design and strategic challenges that we are excited to solve with you in our portfolio. You’ll be in a unique position to make a change with every project. You’ll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that shape design output, brands, tools, teams and culture. You’ll use your full range of skills to build great experiences. You’ll also learn about the real estate industry, economics, and data. You’ll be supported with tools you need, and you’ll be working with an awesome and like-minded team.
- Be the trailblazer and a change agent for the industry by articulating strong ideas and vision for the future
- Expand knowledge of the real-estate landscape, markets, economy, data, mapping to translate to practice
- Scale product and brand strategy, design experiences and advanced interactions across our platforms
- Produce all product experiences, staff new roles and support current teams to achieve their goals
- Architect elegant design systems with diligent decision documentation to simplify decision making
- Be a design champion and a user advocate to diplomatically facilitate execution to our values and ethics
- Build relationships across orgs to facilitate trust and make time to get buy-off from other disciplines
- Model collaboration skills, guide people in processes, expand our culture, and measure the results
- As a remote team, willingness to travel and meet-up for facetime for internal and external meetings
- Experience: 2+ years as a product design director or manager with a mix of enterprise or consumer product portfolio. You have built startups, released 1.0, run multiple work pods and internal ops with focus on exceptional user experience. You are platform agnostic and ready to work on web, iOS, Android, email, 3rd party tools (Tableau, Microsoft BI) or else.
- Portfolio: You can demo built and scaled applications cross-platform, demonstrate business and technical intel over product lifetime, showcase decision documentation, organizational tools & processes. Documentation of beautiful consumer or business applications cross-platform with respect to understanding complex UR/UX/UI/CT systems, scale, demonstrating business and technical intel.
- Education: Undergrad or grad training in HCI, Human Factors, UX/UI, New Media, interaction and experience design, with passion for emerging tracks like voice interfaces, AI, ML and so on.
- Leadership: You inspire high performing teams to continually create and improve our product portfolio with a best-in-class workplace with a balance on inspiration and authority. Hire exceptional designers who are deft at balancing the stated needs of the user with what will be most impactful for the business. Improve, develop and retain a high performing designers who excel within a diverse and inclusive environment. Radiate information, make intros and connections, model culture and creative values in the organization, be the team ambassador on projects, helpful in design crits and reviews.
- Product Management: You are deeply familiar with product management and know how to partner through different phases. You understand how to scale customer centric cultures and needs, translate executive goals and vision into agile roadmap to allow creative decisions downstream, inspire and challenge our culture, break down epics and order feature sets, be available to collaborate and share know how, be an excellent problem solver and prioritizer amidst competing priorities. You can easily simplify complex problems, challenge and debate issues of importance to identify the best possible outcome for the customer, understand technical matters outside personal area of expertise, and synthesize for broad discussions, synthesize requirements, articulate your point of view and liberties behind your decisions, nurture a culture experimentation and bets that tie to KPIs. Foster high quality environment, ship contagious top of the line products and internal tools.
- UX Research & Discovery: Experience interviewing internal and external stakeholders, learning new industries and domains, inspiration sourcing, running workshops & exercises, structuring design scope, quantitative and qualitative research, visualizing clear findings and socializing learnings across the company with the razor focus on customer needs.
- UX Strategy & Synthesis: Distill complicated problems into elegant solutions, understanding and communicating the technical limitations, articulating the design POV liberties behind your decisions, facilitating mapings, audits and study of multiple paths to pursue creative problems that tie to KPIs.
- UX Design: Portfolio work demonstrating work with sketching, user experience wireframe flows with attention to micro-interactions, prototyping, spec-ing and testing. Translating feedback to iterate relentlessly, knowing how to address objections and questions, generate and prioritize concepts, refined aesthetic and polished execution, push the limits of interfaces, work with and expand upon the design system, and managing the backlog. Own brand consistency and reinforce our brand and personality, balance big picture thinking with delightful execution and uphold quality.
- UX Writing: Drive content strategy, audits, taxonomies, creative writing, voice and tone. Guiding creative writing for editorial, marketing, support, sales teams in creating systems and corporate culture
- VD/Motion/Front-End: You have a good eye and expertise to bring other product expertise to the team.
- Design Lifecycle: Own complete end-to-end solutions throughout the build cycle from sprint to release through phases of research, conception, execution to hand-off of assets and requirements, supporting excellence all the way through QA to go live
- Organizational Development: Build bridges to firm up fruitful collaborations with cross functional leaders: design, development, marketing, research, support, and sales. Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization to keep them engaged in making key decisions and apprised of progress. Confident in ability to listen, and build consensus across a large matrixed organization to handle user problems, achieve objectives and deliver results. You are a natural connector that opens doors for people across the org, radiates information, makes intros and connections, models culture and creative values in the organization.
- Design Community: Life-long learner following industry leaders and sharing best practices along the way
- Teaming: Detail oriented, organized, clear communicator, self-starter, participatory, flexible, open-minded optimistic, generative, visionary and open new ideas and ways of working, hungry to innovate
- Project Management: Come prepared to weekly stand-ups, bring your best client facing skills to meetings, be prepared to work and learn, set deadlines, take notes and ownership of next steps. Execute meticulously in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity. Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Tools: Awesome in Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Invision, tinkerer & always exploring
- Top-of-the-line salary
- 401K and competitive benefits
- $3K in education benefits
- Field work at company events
- Regular offsite workshops across the country
- Annual team retreat
- Work from home culture
- New tools and hardware
- A vast new network outside of design
- Growth platform: regular 1:1 time and ongoing feedback from leadership
- Peace of mind corporate benefit package
- Time off: vacation, extra holidays, short days
Hanley Wood | Meyers Research is growing. Grow with us. Hanley Wood | Meyers Research combines experienced real estate and technology advisors with leading data to provide our clients with a clear perspective and a strategic path forward. We’re a smart, diverse, and close-knit group of creative problem solvers. You’ll apply breadth and depth of knowledge and vision to shape our industry. Every job comes with fantastic benefits, perks, and tools to make you successful and you’ll work in a culture of respect and collaboration. Join us. We’d love your help.
Our talented crew comes from all walks of life, cultures and experiences. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at Meyers Research. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. Candidates must submit a proper portfolio in order to be considered for the position.