PRI is a close-knit team of smart, creative professionals. We love what we do, and we love to write about it. We’re looking for candidates who understand that development is about more than strong PHP and Drupal skills, but creativity and attention to detail. We involve our developers in all aspects of our projects – therefore we’re looking for self-starters and passionate thinkers who can provide valuable ideas upfront and ensure that design concepts can be implemented effectively.
Who are we? We’re a well-respected digital agency based out of New Jersey. Known for our deep strategic thinking, we create comprehensive web experiences than span across channels (web, mobile and social). Innovation is at the core of our colleague relationships and client work – not just for the sake innovation, but to elevate the end users’ experiences and exceed our clients’ unique goals.
This is a full time 6 month contract to hire position.
Are you a developer who…
- While we value your back-end development skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally as important. That said, we’re looking for a candidate with the following characteristics:
- Someone who enjoys collaborating, growing and pushing the boundaries of development; this person knows that there is always a better way to develop
- A highly motivated self-starter, eager to adopt new technologies and apply creative thinking to technology-related challenges
- A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines
- An excellent communicator with a sense of humor
- A digital detective with the ability to catch problems before they occur
Your experience and expertise…
- We don’t care as much about years of experience as we do your talent and passion. But here is the type background you should have:
- Experience with PHP OOP (Object-oriented Programming).
- Worked on Drupal 8 projects, Decoupled architecture, REST APIs
- Proficient in Drupal site development including custom module development, contributed and core modules.
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites.
- Involvement in and contribution to the Drupal community, ideally in the education and higher education Drupal communities.
- Excel working with MySQL databases and relational databases.
- Proficient at writing reusable and modular code.
- Accustomed to developing in Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP) or Linux/Nginx/MySQL/PHP (LEMP) environments.
- Embrace change and can easily adapt to new situations.
- Are able to follow directions, but independently move forward on a project when required.
- Are able to conceptualize code development prior to implementation.
- Like to improve coding syntax to enhance overall performance.
- Follow and improve internal coding standards.
- Are curious, and eager to learn about new web technologies and approaches.
- Have already forgotten about IE8 (despite clients continuously mentioning it).
Nice to have, but not required:
- React, Angular or Vue.js experience; and experience with CI
- Prefer GIT over SVN
- Prefer command-line over GUI
- Use and create RESTful API’s
- Are familiar with Hypertext Application Language (HAL)
- Like front-end development as much as back-end development
- Have used any of the following package/dependency managers: Composer, Bower, npm, Bundler
- Are familiar with SASS/SCSS tools such as Compass, Breakpoint, and Singularity
- Have experience working with automated testing tools, such as Jenkins
- Successful candidates will be:
- Team players willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive
- Detail-oriented with strong competency in task/time and scope management.
- Curious – problem solving will not be a chore, but a welcome exercise to strong candidates.
- Good communicators with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.