Senior Mobile Engineer - Android
Senior Mobile Engineer – Android
REMOTE OR SAN FRANCISCO
Help us build open source GraphQL client libraries and tools for mobile developers, share ideas with both the GraphQL and mobile communities, and collaborate with other companies on projects to move GraphQL forward. Join the Apollo Client team to develop new features, share ideas, and build state of the art client libraries for real teams using GraphQL in production. We are an open source company — our products are built for developers, by developers, with the help of a worldwide community of contributors.
We’re on a mission to make product development as fast, easy, and productive as possible, and we’re excited about GraphQL because it makes code faster to write and easier to understand. GraphQL was created to solve mobile development pains, and we want to revive those beginnings and change how mobile applications are built.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Here are the things you’ll get to work on and learn about as part of this job:
- Design, discuss, and implement new features in Apollo open source GraphQL clients for native mobile apps.
- Listen to developers and customers, understand their needs, and represent them in the Apollo project roadmaps and issue lists.
- Work closely with contributors to merge pull requests and help new people get engaged in the project.
- Engage with teams using Apollo native clients to improve their experience using the Apollo GraphQL Platform.
- Collaborate with the maintainers of community GraphQL libraries, GraphQL server implementations, and other relevant technologies on proposed standards, feature ideas, and pull requests that advance the ecosystem.
- You’re excited about GraphQL and Apollo!
- You have multiple years of experience architecting and designing native mobile apps, frameworks, and/or libraries.
- You have experience developing and delivering mobile applications. Experience with both iOS and Android is a definite plus, but is not at all required.
- You have a solid understanding of GraphQL concepts.
- You have general knowledge of the overall Apollo GraphQL ecosystem, ideally with experience using Apollo Android.
- You have a strong love of open source software and you enjoy helping people, having collaborative design discussions, and talking about your work, both online and in person.
- You have a positive, sunny communication style – a “rising tide lifts all boats” mentality.
- You know how to work with a team to make realistic estimates, manage schedules, and delivery expectations.
This position can be done from our San Francisco headquarters, or anywhere else in the world. East coast and central European time zones preferred.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.