Quality Assurance Lead
QA Lead (Remote)
Category: Software Development
Job Type: Full-Time
The Crowdbotics product team is looking for a customer and execution-focused quality assurance lead.
This position is currently an individual contributor position but could change to a management position in the future.
Crowdbotics is the fastest way to create an app. We pair our code generation platform with on-demand services to enable our customers to rapidly build and scale their apps.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced quality assurance tester with at least 5 – 7 years of experience in testing cloud-based applications.
- You have created automated test suites to test cloud-based applications and web-based user interfaces.
- You have managed a team of QA testers for at least 1 – 2 years, set up QA processes, and know what it takes to create a quality assurance team from scratch.
- You are customer-focused. You spend time to understand the company’s strategy, product positioning, and customer demographics, and you develop test plans that support those objectives.
- You are self-directing and don’t need someone to specify what to test.
- You can demonstrate success in creating automated test suites using tools like Robot Framework and Selenium.
What will you be working on?
You will be an individual contributor reporting to the VP of Engineering and will manage the quality assurance function for Crowdbotics’ software engineering platform.
Specifically, you will:
- Focus on the tactical: How to release high-quality software at the highest possible velocity?
- Work with the product management team to understand requirements, use them as a basis for developing test plans.
- Clearly communicate test status to stakeholders. We’re not looking for just a list of failures or successes, but what a failure really means to the product experience.
What else is required?
- Commit to working at least 6 hours during the hours of 9:00AM – 5:00PM US Pacific Time on an ongoing basis.
- Comfort in working in a distributed development environment.
- Demonstrable success in shipping software products in an agile development environment.
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, and GitHub